Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
21,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here he was last week, talking about changing now that he turned 30, hoping to make that next step in his career. How does playing three warm-up events prior to his only glimmer of hope to win a slam fit in with that? Also seems dumb considering he just returned from an injury, which he aggravated with stupidity by playing the IPTL while already bothered by it.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Players generally know what they can and can't do. Tsonga must feel he needs that amount of tennis to be ready for Wimbledon and if he feels overplayed he can always pull out.

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
Tsonga loves the grass. :smoke:

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
Tsonga needs practice. I saw his match against Granollers in Barcelona. His level is very low yet.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
If he don't perform well in the first grass tournement he will need the other ones to have more matches to play. If he performs well in the beginning of the grass season he still have the possibility to tank the last tournement.
For now, we don't know if he will play the whole 3 weeks...

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Nae Tsonga at Queen's? Unusual.

Maybe Halle would be open to a swap deal. Queen's get Tsonga, Halle takes Raonic.
I thought Botnic played Halle? Please don't tell me he's coming to Queens this year? :sad:

Seems to me that Tsonga is looking to find some grass form heading into Wimbledon... if he goes deep in any of the events I'm sure he will withdraw from another :shrug:.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
I thought Botnic played Halle? Please don't tell me he's coming to Queens this year? :sad:

Seems to me that Tsonga is looking to find some grass form heading into Wimbledon... if he goes deep in any of the events I'm sure he will withdraw from another :shrug:.
Aye, Raonic and his sleeve will be rocking up at Queen's: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/32314613

When Raonic or his team look to make contact via phone or email, you don't respond.

Page one of the Tournament Director Handbook.

·
Your visions will happen
48,592 Posts
As mentioned, he needs match play and he needs to max out in a surface that suits his game

Of course, he always can pull out from one if he goes deep in the other 2

·
Registered
21,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
It can be because Tsonga loves playing on grass and he wants to be as prepared as possible for Wimbledon :shrug: Nothing wrong with this from my point of view

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
If he don't perform well in the first grass tournement he will need the other ones to have more matches to play. If he performs well in the beginning of the grass season he still have the possibility to tank the last tournement.
For now, we don't know if he will play the whole 3 weeks...
Perfectly reasonable answer, but that won't stop regular MTFer from spewing robotic nonsense because it requires lowest amount of brain energy (zero).

·
Your visions will happen
48,592 Posts

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Real question here is why he choose Halle instead of Queens, that's like seeing Messi play for Real Madrid.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
Vulture?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts