Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean why does the US,EUROPE,AUSTRALIA get the grand slam's but South America and Asia get left out does anyone know the answer to this Im just curious??

·
Your visions will happen
50,146 Posts
Advice.

In life, for any question you are unsure of the answer to, the answer is usually money.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whoops forgot about africa sorry anyone know the answer antartica is too cold by the way the players would die of frost bite in 5 minutes

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Mostly tradition. Tennis got a great tradition in the slam countries, like US, France, UK and Australia

In South America and especially Asia the tradition isn't as strong. South America has been coming strong with mainly Argentina but in the history of tennis still fairly new.

Asia has been lacking a strong tennis tradition and only had sporadic good players. I think the reason they place tournaments in Thailand, China, Japan and so on is mainly MONEY. It's a big fan base for TV and merchandise which translates too $$$$

China after all has a masters in Shanghai and that is a big step forward. South America should focus on getting a Masters. Would make sense to perhaps have one in Brazil or Argentina

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Money. Tradition. Infrastructure. Fan base. Media attention.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Glad that you realized your question was xenophobic in leaving out Africa and Antarctica.

So I'm guessing that you'd like to see 10+ Grand Slams annually? I'm all for a cold weather outdoor tournament, btw, as I've always thought tennis strongly favoured players who could adapt to heat better.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Is this joke thread of what? because those slams are tradition , history they are were they are for decades- with AUS switching, but still the same country, and when they started slams in late 19th century, they didn´t know what was tennis in Asia or South America in those times, it was sport - white sport for high society on grass.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I included africa after I forgot it and antartica well i guess you want your favorite players to freeze to death

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think we all know the answer to that but we are avoiding it.

Racism. And the only solution is to

kill all the white people! Oh yeah, we're gonna make them cry

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
South Africa does have a long history with tennis. Argentina or Brazil has also had good players and tennis is popular. Really the biggest problem is there are only 4 slams so you can't just put one in every continent. Personally the FO should be moved to South America, after Nadull winning it all the time there's really no history left and no reason to keep it in France.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
safari slam then

wouldn't give one to those choking latinos

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Well, think about it, where did tennis originate? Tough one eh? Then Asutralia and US are former British colonies, and you've got the answer to your half assed question.

·
Registered
10,079 Posts
Why has cricket world cup never hosted by USA?

Why has rugby world cup never hosted by China?

why has badminton world cup series never taken place in Australia?

etc..

etc..

hats off to the OP for making this thread..... Not!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
the four gs tradition will be the toughest to disrupt, i think. it's definitely time for a south american GS...their players have more than earned one

1 - 20 of 47 Posts