Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know Jo isn't the same he used to be but he has some decent results in FO (looking at the stats he has the highest breaking %s of all slams and highest %s of TBs won).

His draw isn't too bad the only tricky opponent would be Nishikori in R2 but he already beat him in 5sets here in '15, he could easily do it again.

Anyway, Rafa also has to get there first :wink2:

·
Premium Member
21,077 Posts
I know Jo isn't the same he used to be but he has some decent results in FO (looking at the stats he has the highest breaking %s of all slams and highest %s of TBs won).

His draw isn't too bad the only tricky opponent would be Nishikori in R2 but he already beat him in 5sets here in '15, he could easily do it again.

Anyway, Rafa also has to get there first :wink2:
Those decent results were years ago, and if Nadal-Tsonga QF does happen, he'll probably be lucky to win a few games.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You can't be serious right? The guy is past his prime and has dealt with injuries only further decreasing chances of a return to prior form. It's not like he's been lighting the world on fire in his return either.

Troll thread.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
He looked decent against Novak in AO and almost good when he won Montpellier, but showed no consistency otherwise which shows his physical condition is not well. Clay is very physically demanding so only thing going in his favor is crowd support.

I guess everything is possible and Jo certainly has the talent but it's not very likely he'll get that far in this stage of his career.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
For the same reason we're not talking about Federer playing the final.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
He looked decent against Novak in AO and almost good when he won Montpellier, but showed no consistency otherwise which shows his physical condition is not well. Clay is very physically demanding so only thing going in his favor is crowd support.

I guess everything is possible and Jo certainly has the talent but it's not very likely he'll get that far in this stage of his career.
Decent against Djoker at AO 19? What are you smoking dude? He was pathetic, the score could have been worse but he got lucky playing a half asleep Novak.
Don't be delirious, Tsonga is done, he lost all of his +, even serve is horrid now, millons of shanks and fh vanished.
Qf for Nadal is nid anyway, whoever he plays from that quarter, all are mugs or usual bendovers.

·
6,253 Posts
Tsonga's last decent run was in 2015, where he blew it against Stanimal.
He is now barely ranked inside the Top 100, so there are no expectations of him going far - even at his home Slam.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Decent against Djoker at AO 19? What are you smoking dude? He was pathetic, the score could have been worse but he got lucky playing a half asleep Novak.
Don't be delirious, Tsonga is done, he lost all of his +, even serve is horrid now, millons of shanks and fh vanished.
Qf for Nadal is nid anyway, whoever he plays from that quarter, all are mugs or usual bendovers.
He looked decent against Novak, considering he missed almost whole 2018 (played 12 matches).

No such thing as "half asleep Djokovic" in 2nd round of GS, specially against respectable opponent like Tsonga. Djokovic looked pretty fired up mentally even in his 1st round match.

Novak lost to Tsonga only once since 2010, so he knows how to play him. 3-6, 5-7, 4-6 against no.1 player and winner of the tournament on your comeback to big stage is DECENT result, so I'm not smoking anything, dude.

But of course, for MTF experts it's either win or absolute shit. Reality is however very different because above decent level there's good, very good, excellent, unplayable, to put it crudely.

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
No interest in seeing Nadal batter poor Tsonga's virtually useless BH

·
Registered
472 Posts
Even if Tsonga makes the QF against Nadal, he would have essentially a 0% change of beating him here.

Tsonga is one of those guys who is unfortunately maybe 10% of the player he was in his prime. The guy lost a Challenger QF to Horansky at home just a few weeks ago in straight sets.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I would like to see this match if Tsonga is playing well (and he would have to) to get this far. Would be good one watch, even if we all know the result already.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts