Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Same as it ever was
20,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I can eventually talk about the weekends events. The 'boyfriend' I've had for the last 2 months and I've been SO happy with had felt a lot colder towards me since I got back from my holiday other than the first lovely night that I saw him when everything seemed to be so fine.

I had been feeling anxious that he lost interest in me but couldn't work out how that could be the case in such a short period of time. Eventually last Saturday he decided to call me and explain to me that he still really likes me but he wants to take a step back because he thinks things are going to fast and he is unsure about having a relationship afterall. He thought he was ready when he pursued dating me but now he feels like he still has scars from his previous 2 year relationship that ended last October.

Now I'm really appreciative that he has spilt everything he's feeling to me and that he's told me now so he doesn't hold it in and then hurt me further down the track. Then thing that's frustrating the living hell out of me is what on earth does he think is 'moving too fast'??? I'm not asking him to get married next week... I just want to spend time with him and have fun like we were before I went away!! That 1 month before I did go away was the best 4 weeks of my entire life and I KNOW he was extremely happy too. How on earth could things go so pear-shaped in such a short period of time when we were so happy only a few weeks earlier?

I don't know what is going on in his head to make him think all this... why he can't just go with the flow and be happy like he was. What is wrong with being happy? Did he freak that he was too happy too soon? WTF is that?

I'm feeling so in limbo right now, not knowing if he wants to give it a go or break up. Also he still wants to call me to see how I'm going and to chat while he's working it all out so that's another thing I'm going to have to deal with. I just don't know what to do. I am so over it but I can't walk away because I just like him way too much.

·
Premium Member
62,990 Posts
:hug: hope things work out for you Peta :hug: Anything I can do for you, you know where I am ;) :hug:

G

·
0 Posts
Hopefully after some time, everything will go back to the way it was before. :hug:

·
Registered
20,073 Posts
Well, you know that guys don't like it when it gets emotional. You don't expect anything such as marriage and all that, but they always fear that we girls, have that on our mind, even if we say the contrary. Hope this break in your relationship helps him realize he likes being with you and that he will come back. :hug:

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

G

·
0 Posts
Peta, I am so sorry to read this :hug: :hug:
I cross my fingers that things will be again as they were before your holidays.
Maybe this break shows him how much he misses you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts