Votes: 26 13.8%
  • No, we all love him!

Votes: 67 35.6%
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very good and talented player but for some reason he's not one of the most liked players. Why do you think that is?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW just as I posted this thread I read this on Eurosport:

Murray in Paris car crash

Eurosport - Tue, 30 Oct 15:51:00 2007

Britain's Andy Murray said on Tuesday he had been involved in a car crash on his way to the Masters Series tournament in Paris.

"It happened last (Monday) night, on the way from the airport to the hotel," Murray told reporters.

"There was the driver, me and (coach) Brad (Gilbert). There was a lot of traffic. The driver did nothing wrong. He just broke and somebody, driving at around 20 km/h, bumped into the back of the car.

"I'd never been in a car crash before. There was a pretty loud bang. My back's a bit stiff but it's nothing serious."

I guess he's already making an excuse should he lose in this tournament:)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
He doesn't SEEM passionate about the game. No doubt he is, but he doesn't show it sometimes...

Also, he's very talented. His backhand is killer, but at times he's just too happy to junkball. When he's aggressive he's a deligh to watch. Hopefully he'll work on this!

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
WOW just as I posted this thread I read this on Eurosport:

Murray in Paris car crash

Eurosport - Tue, 30 Oct 15:51:00 2007

Britain's Andy Murray said on Tuesday he had been involved in a car crash on his way to the Masters Series tournament in Paris.

"It happened last (Monday) night, on the way from the airport to the hotel," Murray told reporters.

"There was the driver, me and (coach) Brad (Gilbert). There was a lot of traffic. The driver did nothing wrong. He just broke and somebody, driving at around 20 km/h, bumped into the back of the car.

"I'd never been in a car crash before. There was a pretty loud bang. My back's a bit stiff but it's nothing serious."

I guess he's already making an excuse should he lose in this tournament:)
my left pinky toe doesn't feel to strong and i think my right eyelashes are a bit sore

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Well, I realise he is not everybody's cup of tea. Personally I like him, I like his tactical play, his frequently amazing shots, his off-court persona, his dry sense of humour. I wish he would smile more often, it is amazing what a difference it makes!

On-court I agree he has sometimes been bad in the past but he is working on improving that. It is mostly disgust with himself if he feels he is not performing as he should.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Very good and talented player but for some reason he's not one of the most liked players. Why do you think that is?
Dont stress yourself out man. Murray dont give a toss if you or others dont like him.

He has more fans than you...thats for sure!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I like him. Espacially the al-court game and I think he has a nice looking technique. His haircut could be better though. *lol*

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I've always rooted for him since he was two sets against Nalby at Wimby. Cute end of sentence, no? Anyway, his attitude is somewhat annoying and that has a lot to do with some of his unnecessary losses. Cases in point: his match against Djokovic in Madrid last year and Nadal down under this year.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
ALL of the above. He does seem to be getting better about the whinning on court - but still a long way to go. Maybe if he looked like he was enjoying it just once during the match.... However got to respect his game which is nice when he is not doing junk balls.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,508 Posts
Naturally not everyone likes the way he is on court or how he plays - no reason why everyone should.

When he's playing it's rarely dull though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I like him, I think he's v talented and has the potential to do really well. His game is also more interesting to watch than most other players, he has a lot of variety. As for his on court - off court demeanor, I don't really care. He does have a v dry sense of humour and I think most of the media just doesn't get him. I also think he's genuinelly a nice kid but we dont often see that side of him.
I do however wish he'd whinge less when it comes to his injuries, and the British press would chill out a bit, stop the hype and let him get on with it!

·
29,767 Posts
He has actually gained in popularity in recent months on this forum I've noticed. He used to be almost to the point of loathing from some quarters in here.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Always seems to get a lucky draw. Over rated ...

1 - 20 of 119 Posts