Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why must everything be blamed on Federer? when it comes to Roddick's failures? Why isn't Roddick's poor transition and anticipation, poor movement, lack of speed, poor BH, poor net game etc never blamed? Why arent these reasons for Roddick's lack of success? All Fed did and others have done is just exploit it.
At the end of the day.. Andy wasn't good enough to do more. This guy had over 20 cracks at Roger. He managed what? 1 or 2 wins? Hell there have been guys with significantly LESS cracks at Roger and managed more then that. And they have beaten Roger at slams. Something Andy could never do.. Why? Well simply because he wasn't good enough. End of story.,, mainly because he had too many holes in game, that Roger (and others) could easily exploit

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
To summarize what will eventually be the narrative of this thread:

SamprasrulesRome94WeakeraRafaownedfedovernadoverFedsucks

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Djokovic wasnt able to exploit past peak Roddick's weaknesses...

·
Registered
27,280 Posts
Are you disputing that Roddick wouldn't have a few more slams if it weren't for Federer? Its pretty certain that he would have. Wimbledon at at least once easily.

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
Are you disputing that Roddick wouldn't have a few more slams if it weren't for Federer? Its pretty certain that he would have. Wimbledon at at least once easily.
Federer is overrated. He just took advantage of a weak era.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Not a big fan of Roddick but he could and perhaps should have won the 2004 and 2009 Wimby finals. THAT missed volley in the second set tie break in 09= :facepalm: Similar to THAT missed volley from Murray against Fed during the third set tie break (third set point for Andy) in the Australian Open final 2010 :facepalm:

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
I mean this thread is a bit dumb, when you lose to a player in Grand SLam finals then they basically are responsible for you failing to win the Grand SLam... It's not rocket science, if not for Federer, Roddick might have 4 slams, great chance at 3

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Rodmug's failures have nothing to do with Fed, I am sorry to say. His problem is his lack of talent, lack of character and lack of respect for the sport. Even when stars aligned and another grand slam was practically in his pocket, he managed to choke it away. He's overrated and overhyped. If he were born outside of USA, he would be considered as another one slam wonder, no better than Thomas Johansson.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
He would have won Wimbledon 09 for sure. His serve was impregnable that match and so was his resilience and determination. A match that lasted for more than 4 hours and Federer only managed to break him once.

As for the rest, I'm not too sure as Federer was often the one who took out Lleyton Hewitt, who owned Roddick during the same time.

·
Registered
27,280 Posts
Rodmug's failures have nothing to do with Fed, I am sorry to say. His problem is his lack of talent, lack of character and lack of respect for the sport. Even when stars aligned and another grand slam was practically in his pocket, he managed to choke it away. He's overrated and overhyped. If he were born outside of USA, he would be considered as another one slam wonder, no better than Thomas Johansson.
Fuck you are clever.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
it's silly to blame fed for dick's failures. fed merely exposed all of dick's weaknesses.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I don't know how else to drill it into people's heads that no one else would have beaten Roddick in 2 or 3 of those finals, except for Federer.

I mean, if Federer didn't win the French, would you not have blamed Rafa? I bet a HUGE majority of you would. Each year Fed fans constantly say he's in the best shape to beat Rafa at the French, and then that cringeworthy beatdown occurred at Roland Garros.

All those times you facepalmed when Roger was beaten down by Rafa is exactly how us Roddick fans felt. Don't act as if we're the only ones blaming people.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
Roddick is underrated. He's been a constant threat, a part of the elite really, longer than most players. He would have won more in a non-Fed era.

To think otherwise is to be a hater.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
When heya sees this thread, she may just die of excitement.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
When heya sees this thread, she may just die of excitement.
She blames his wife, right? Roddick doing Charity and shit aswell and Roddick beeing in love with Federer if I understand all rambling correctly.

If Roddick would burn with hate against Federer, not get that supermodel as a wife and would stop with all charity he would have beaten Federer in most of those finals and be nr1.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts