Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We could see against Kevin Andrson that his gameplan was - return his serve somehow and just keep hitting until he makes mistake. Kevin couldn't run, and yet Novak's dropshots couldn't be seen anywhere. Kevin couldn't run, and yet Novak's sharp BH diagonals and BHDL couldn't be seen anywhere. :eek:
Why is he playing that chicken tennis, not looking for angles, corners, not sweeping lines as he used to, why must he look at spectators and their cheering, why must he yell again at ballkids, is he the player who desperately wants to be champion and No.1 but just doesn't know how to sit in that chair ?
Greg Rusedski said Novak was just too passive, and that he needs to change his gameplan for Cilic. Fortunately for Djokovic, Cilic was the one who made a lot of mistakes today, so Novak prevailed. He will surpass Gasquet easily, and if he doesn't show up in final, he will be gone with this game of his.

Reactions: MichaelKrep

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Cause he doesn't need to with opposition he faced so far. He will raise his level against Murray/ Fed (semifinal is like having a bye).

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
I'm sure it was a great party after todays result, but now is not the time for you to post. Get some rest. :yeah:

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
He is good at it, tennis raquets nowadays makes this gameplan very effective.

Seeing Federer is FHless I think it could succeed all the way through, I think it might get more punished by Murray actually.

·
Registered
894 Posts
This kind of rant was appropriate after FO. It's not appropriate now cause you can't play redlining tennis against guys who servebot games in a minute. You can't afford UEs if you are unable to break for a long time. F your aggresive tennis, it would have lost him the match against Anderson. He wasn't in the least passive against Cilic and actually won the key points with great forehands.

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
because this embarrassing court slowing rewards such tennis the most. you know how tragic became when even Nole fans becoming aware of it

·
Premium Member
21,367 Posts
This kind of rant was appropriate after FO. It's not appropriate now cause you can't play redlining tennis against guys who servebot games in a minute. You can't afford UEs if you are unable to break for a long time. F your aggresive tennis, it would have lost him the match against Anderson. He wasn't in the least passive against Cilic and actually won the key points with great forehands.
Yup, this. He should've been more aggressive against Stan, but not against Anderson, that would've been just stupid.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Because he is a chicken?

Sorry OP, had to do it, but congrats on the brave thread anyway. Objective fans are such a rarity on this forum.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He is good at it, tennis raquets nowadays makes this gameplan very effective.

Seeing Federer is FHless I think it could succeed all the way through, I think it might get more punished by Murray actually.
I think the same about chances with Fed and Murray. Home crowd with Murray would rip Novak apart like in 2013.

In case you didn't watch, he almost lost it. He didn't because he played after 2 sets behind a bit more over the edge.

Because he is a chicken?

Sorry OP, had to do it, but congrats on the brave thread anyway. Objective fans are such a rarity on this forum.
No fuss, I just don't like what I'm seeing from Nole as his fan, it's not encouraging at all. Wish he could roll his sleeves and get serious work on his attack.

·
Registered
749 Posts
This.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Yeah as objective as jealous Nadal fan can be:p

People here are just unhealthy obssesed with Novak:rolleyes:

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,337 Posts
That's the thing, Djokovic being aggressive on grass is redlining for him while outside of it, it's not. The guy is not comfortable on this surface, he is not as sure footed to hit powerful groundies, specially off his FH.

·
Registered
77 Posts
"If you play for common people and neglect tactics, you'll end your career in a second league team."

Citation from the song "I remember just like it was today", r'n'r band No smoking.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I agree that he was too passive against Anderson but there weren't too many long rallies in the match and with the way Anderson was serving it would be hard to play high risk tennis when you know you're not going to get too many chances to break. He was much better against Cilic and that's because he returned Cilic serve better than Anderson's so he felt more comfortable going for his shots knowing he would have plenty of opportunities to break serve.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Funny you ask that what with Djokovic being one of the best, most creative, offensive shotmakers the game has ever seen.

According to his tards...

·
Registered
894 Posts

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
We could see against Kevin Andrson that his gameplan was - return his serve somehow and just keep hitting until he makes mistake. Kevin couldn't run, and yet Novak's dropshots couldn't be seen anywhere. Kevin couldn't run, and yet Novak's sharp BH diagonals and BHDL couldn't be seen anywhere. :eek:
Why is he playing that chicken tennis, not looking for angles, corners, not sweeping lines as he used to, why must he look at spectators and their cheering, why must he yell again at ballkids, is he the player who desperately wants to be champion and No.1 but just doesn't know how to sit in that chair ?
Greg Rusedski said Novak was just too passive, and that he needs to change his gameplan for Cilic. Fortunately for Djokovic, Cilic was the one who made a lot of mistakes today, so Novak prevailed. He will surpass Gasquet easily, and if he doesn't show up in final, he will be gone with this game of his.
This is silly. Djokovic is not playing "chicken" tennis. Djokovic is playing smart tennis. That is why he is in the SF again. I am sure he can raise his level in the SF and F if needed and can play his signature aggressive shotmaking game that he always does against Federer for example.

The thing is Novak plays intelligent tennis and, since he is capable of playing anything from, all court, very aggressive baseline game to being quite defensive if needed, he adjust his style to the one that will hurt his opponent the most. That is why he is so successful.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts