Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly even if he goes to the final he will most likely lose. The guy is 1 - 5 in the past five grand slam finals. He may be consistent but it accounts for nothing if one is not winning the major events.

How do you see Novak from r2 onwards?

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
Because he's by far the most consistent player in the world and a very safe bet (more so than any other top 4 seed) to at least make the SF.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
From an oddsmaker's view, I guess its because he has less pitfalls IMO than anyone else. Nadal and Federer are pitfalls unto themselves, and with Rosol/Muller/Kohlschriber they aren't immediately locks for the final. Murray has to defend a title when he hasn't reached a final for a year. By process of elimination, that leaves Djokovic, who's at least made every final from the 2012 USO onwards except for the 2013 RG semifinal (let's be honest, that was the real final), and this year's AO. He's a stable pick, or at least moreso than the others.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I don't consider him favourite, the guy's a proven choker, not to mention that grass is by far his shittest surface. Nadal is the favourite IMO, after him its murray, and then its djokovic.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
The winner of he and Andy, wins tournament.
unlikely

Murray has a decent grass court game but he is a mediocre matchup against Federer/Nadal and frankly I wouldn't trust Novak to win it after a tough battle against Murray

I don't see either winning it

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Because he is overrated. From what his fans say in MTF it looks like he has won 15 slams.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Because he is overrated. From what his fans say in MTF it looks like he has won 15 slams.
Thought your a Djokovic fan ? Why did you go around pretending and posting that Djokovic is your favorite player yet you change your avatar to Nadal after RG and give Djokovic abuse, your a glory hunter
To answer the question because Fed is old, nadal suck on grass and Murray is the only treat but he hasn't been good this year

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
I'm not sure if I should be serious or sarcastic ... Enough with stupid threads.

Who cares who is considered to be 'the favorite'? 'Experts' are guessing because they have to write about something. People are betting etc. If you really need to know 'consistency' is the magic word. It's still irrelevant.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
He is a complete player, extremely consistant without any major injuries potentially screwing him up.

Fed is old and has a bad back.
Nadal has a bad knee and has a bad back now.
Murray is too inconsistent and has a bad back.

Choice is by default (wrist injury included).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts