Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy keeps claiming that next time he will get over the hump (in regards to beating Roger). Why do I feel as though he thinks he will be No. 1 if he beats Roger? I think Andy deep down believes that Roger is the only thing between him and World No. 1 status which is pretty crazy considering that I can name a few guys that will beat Roddick consistently, like Nadal and Djokovic.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Andy keeps claiming that next time he will get over the hump (in regards to beating Roger). Why do I feel as though he thinks he will be No. 1 if he beats Roger? I think Andy deep down believes that Roger is the only thing between him and World No. 1 status which is pretty crazy considering that I can name a few guys that will beat Roddick consistently, like Nadal and Djokovic.
Source?

·
Registered
157 Posts
He's not delusional but he can't go around saying that Roger will beat him every single time he plays him. What kind of attitude is that?

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Source? Like his interview today after Gonzo win. He said he was gonna over the hump as though he was going to get his No. 1 status back. I know I know. He shouldn't admit that Roger owns him, but come on... Roger is not the only thing he should be worried about. I would worry about these youngsters passing him by the next year.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Yes, he should announce that there's no hope and that he'll never be #1 again.

In fact, if I was him, I'd just give up and retire tomorrow.

:retard:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Sorry but Andy still wouldn't be close to number one. Now there are more players better than him overall than last. I'm not going by rankings but Roddick has more humps than before to get over to be number one.

However, he should think positive in a realistic way. He should always believe he can win but skill set he's not Roger or a lot of guys.

·
Registered
157 Posts
He was talking about the Roger hump not becoming #1 again. Roger is a pretty big hump and when you have the record Andy has against him becoming #1 is the last thing on your mind. You are reading way more past what Andy said.

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
Source? Like his interview today after Gonzo win. He said he was gonna over the hump as though he was going to get his No. 1 status back. I know I know. He shouldn't admit that Roger owns him, but come on... Roger is not the only thing he should be worried about. I would worry about these youngsters passing him by the next year.
That's only natural, he's already been Nr1, won a slam and maybe soon Dc. The one thing he doesn't want to be remember by is being Roger's bitch. As long as he doesn't forget the other member of the top 5 I think it's good he still wants to beat Roger so badly.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I still can't believe guys like Gonzo can't get Roddick's serve back. Gasquet used to be like that until he realized that he had to do the minimum and put the ball back in play against Roddick. Gonzo couldn't put a ball back to save his life today. I think if Roddick was grouped with Djoko, Nadal and Ferrer, he would have ended up 0-3

·
Registered
770 Posts
So you can read minds? Impressive

Frankly the only thing I would gather from his comment about getting "over the hump" is just beating Federer which would be great for him but would only be one match. You're concluding things that aren't there.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
He'd be a total clown if he said he thought he had no chance.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But guys. Let's be honest. Even if Roddick beats Federer tomorrow, he will still go down as his bitch. Let's not forget that Roddick was the predecessor to Roger and Roger just mopped the floor with him this past 4 years. Say what you will, but I remember from an interview awhile back this year he said that he could be No. 1 again in his mind. Dude are you kidding me? How can be possibly be truly No. 1 when Roger, Nadal, and Djokovic are around? Unless all of them are injured..

·
Registered
770 Posts
But guys. Let's be honest. Even if Roddick beats Federer tomorrow, he will still go down as his bitch. Let's not forget that Roddick was the predecessor to Roger and Roger just mopped the floor with him this past 4 years. Say what you will, but I remember from an interview awhile back this year he said that he could be No. 1 again in his mind. Dude are you kidding me? How can be possibly be truly No. 1 when Roger, Nadal, and Djokovic are around? Unless all of them are injured..
Yes, the H2H vs Federer would still be awful

But what is he supposed to say, that he has no chance of getting back there? Might as well hang up the racquet then. Having a positive outlook is crucial IMO.

Why do you care so much anyway?

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
What are you talking about?

Delusional!? Try persistent. Maybe he's a guy that doesn't give up.

Beating Federer won't make him number 1 again but it might help win another slam, which I think is all he wants to do...is win the US OPEN, Wimbledon. He's been number 1, he's won a slam, I think he'd like to just be in contention. If he can't beat Fed, he can't win slams...pretty simple.

Put the haterade back in the fridge.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Let's see..Federer is his next opponent..and he got his mind set on Federer now..what's so weird about that???

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
I think you just said something nice, about Andy. hmm...:confused:
Well you are in the same boat with Ezekiel with your paranoia and it'll come as a shock but not everyone hates your favourite player.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts