Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing 43-year-old Tiger Woods win the Masters today, his 15th Major and 5th Masters green jacket, and first major in nearly 11 years, I still believe that Rogie can win another grand slam, a 21st, possibly even at Wimbledon this year, for a 9th there!! Thank You Tiger Woods for giving me hope that a legend of the game can never truly be counted out until they retire for good...

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I never lost the#at hope. To be honest, his last 3 slam losses were all kinda unlucky and decided by maybe 1 or 2 points in the wrong direction... he just needs to be clutch again and not burn multiple set or match points with stupid forehand errors

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
As log as he plays I have hope.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow, you change sides quicker than I change underpants. And to be clear I change them on a daily basis! Make up your mind, Seth, either you give up on the fedexpress (just like you did after IW) or you simply just don't ... It ain't that hard, my man!

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
OP is like that weird relative who thinks the entire world wants to know his every thought. But instead of sharing pointless quotes on facebook, theseth is creating nonsense threads in GM.

·
The special one
14,024 Posts
Tiger Woods still is? Been a couple years since I heard of him, had been through some troubles after his marriage failed.
He won a major today, despite being arguably 15 years past his prime. He's been through some troubles though the last few years for sure, had surgeries, never thought he'd come close to winning another major. His marriage problems were his own fault though, that was down to 50k spent on prostitutes. The women of America better lock the doors tonight because there's a tiger on the loose celebrating :wink2:

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
He won a major today, despite being arguably 15 years past his prime. He's been through some troubles though the last few years for sure, had surgeries, never thought he'd come close to winning another major. His marriage problems were his own fault though, that was down to 50k spent on prostitutes. The women of America better lock the doors tonight because there's a tiger on the loose celebrating :wink2:
Golf is probably one of those physical sports with the lowest athletic requirements, so I'm not impressed by the fact that Woods is 40+ y.o. His comeback is certainly impressive nonetheless, especially after he was arrested at one point (mix of DUI and substance abuse, I think).

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Golf is probably one of those physical sports with the lowest athletic requirements, so I'm not impressed by the fact that Woods is 40+ y.o. His comeback is certainly impressive nonetheless, especially after he was arrested at one point (mix of DUI and substance abuse, I think).
I have played very little golf and thought the same, but I have heard from regular players that the above is a misconception.

·
Administrator
6,072 Posts
He's #1 in the race, won the latest masters with ease, is the only person to win more than one title so far this year. He had rough results at the last three slams, but won the title at the last slam he played before that.

Obviously time isn't on his side to keep playing at a high level for too many more years and one of these days he'll slip down the rankings and not rise back up again, but right now he's an obvious contender to win slams, a comfortable second favourite for Wimbledon at the very least, not someone whose chances are so slim you need to act as though it's notable that there's a flame of hope left.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The main point of my thread and I stand by it, is that seeing Tiger Woods win The Masters today gives me renewed hope for Rogie winning another grand slam (i.e. Wimbledon 2019)!!

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
It's actually pretty mad that Tiger Woods and Roger Federer are still at the top of their respective sport in 2019.
Have i missed something? Nole is clearly at the top of this sport. He's world #1, won the last 3 slams and has won the only slam to be played in 2019 thus far.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts