Mens Tennis Forums banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Sam L (WTAW) said:
I'd rather be a womaniser than a homophobe or racist. What's wrong with sleeping around? You're not hating anyone.
True. Hatred is the key ingredient isn't it? Of course to some people using other people's bodies in the most intimate act possible for your personal gratification is not such a wonderful thing to do. But then, if you are not hating anyone, nothing is that bad I guess.

Lleyton insinuated that a black linesman was cheating for Blake because he was also black. That's pretty racist.
Seeing as you so wonderfully pointed out 'hatred' as a key ingredient in what is so despicable, can you demonstrate where the hate is in this statement? I see stupidity, not hatred.

And he also called someone a poof. Homophobic.
Again demonstrate the 'hate', you fool. I'd hate to think of how many homophobes I know if using 'poof' denotes hatred of homosexuals. Oooohh....I know....virtually every straight guy I know. Get a grip!

You know guys, if Lleyton was proving himself on tour and winning slams "like he used to", I wouldn't be saying anything.

But he's not. His slams from 2001-02 were flukes and now he's been made a bitch.

It is for this that you guys are angry at me. You should be angry at him for playing so poorly.
Lleyton hasn't been playing poorly. He just isn't as good as Federer. It's that simple. If you exempt Federer, on every surface besides clay he is still pretty much the best player in the world. If you actually followed the mens tour, you would know that Lleyton is actually playing much better against the rest of the tour in the past 12 months than he ever has. When he was #1 and winning slams he was upset far more often in early rounds and by unseeded players than he is now. Now he pretty much dominates everyone on tour accept for Federer, and Safin on the very odd occasion that his stars align. This is evidenced by the fact that of his last 6 losses at non clay GS, 5 have come at the hands of Federer. So if not being as good as Roger constitutes 'playing so poorly' that he deserves constant vitriolic barrages from you then so be it, but if that was really the motivation behind all these posts instead of your own pathological hatred then there are plenty of other players playing just as 'poorly' who deserve your wrath.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Sam L (WTAW) said:
I'm only telling the truth.

Rafa and his other claycourt buddies haven't been able to back it up on anything other than clay.

Hewitt is Fed's bitch.

Fact.

I'm not a big fan of men's tennis. I enjoy occasional men's tennis. I like really talented players like Safin and Federer. But I'm going to call out on the pretenders and the overrated.
I agree with everything you sad. But I would add it is not only Nadal that is over-rated - all the young players are over-rated. So much talk about Gasquet, Murray, Djokovic, while they still didn't show that much actually. Ofcourse, the talk is not without any reason - but do you remember what, say, Federer or Roddick had to do to get the same attention? Much, much more. It's a funny thing - it's seems that mens tennis in this moment desperately need "generation depth" - that is why, I think, these young players are over-hyped at the moment.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
DDrago2 said:
I agree with everything you sad. But I would add it is not only Nadal that is over-rated - all the young players are over-rated. So much talk about Gasquet, Murray, Djokovic, while they still didn't show that much actually. Ofcourse, the talk is not without any reason - but do you remember what, say, Federer or Roddick had to do to get the same attention? Much, much more. It's a funny thing - it's seems that mens tennis in this moment desperately need "generation depth" - that is why, I think, these young players are over-hyped at the moment.
I wouldnt be so quick to align yourself with Sam L.

Sam L thinks every player and I mean EVERY player on tour is overrated who is not named Federer or Safin.

How he figures this I don't know, when virtually everyone (well I'm being generous here in that everyone I know definitely thinks so, but maybe there is some idiot out there who doesn't) concedes that Federer is in another stratosphere to the rest of the tour and that the only player who can get anywhere near him on non-clay surfaces is Safin. This is based on the facts. Some people also think Nadal has the potential to be a threat to Federer with good reason. They are after all 1-1 on hard courts, and it could very easily have been 2-0 to Nadal. Again, these are opinions based on the facts.

Hewitt is not overrated whatsoever. He is what he is and perfectly rated by most people. He is a tenacious, dogged competitor, in your face, consistent, scrappy at times, one of the best players in the world for the past 6 or so years and talented, yes, talented! Thats what the results say. No one thinks that he is as good as Federer or a peak Safin. Most give him the respect he deserves, nothing more, nothing less.

If anyone has the wrong end of the stick about Hewitt, it's Sam L. He is the one who shows the guy far less respect than he deserves by saying he is an 'average player' who 'plays so poorly'. He underrates him and then comes here preaching as if we all overrate him. He ignores the results as the basis of his opinions and then tells us that we're wrong when looking at them as the basis of ours.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Don't you people ever get tired of these threads. Do you all run out of useful subjects to discuss so lets make a bash Lleyton thread again. :rolleyes:

Try something original for a change.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
:lol: I'm laughing because I can only read about half the posts on this thread, everybody else is on ignore, and you assholes probably know who you are. I can only imagine how stupid and boring your repetitive comments are. :yawn:

Why does some freak dislike Lleyton... You know what? I don't GIVE a fuck! The only thing that would be equally boring is if I start a thread about why I like Lleyton so much. So, I'll spare GM the boredom. Besides, people are tired of me discussing Lleyton anyway, right? ;)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
queen alexandria said:
:lol: I'm laughing because I can only read about half the posts on this thread, everybody else is on ignore, and you assholes probably know who you are. I can only imagine how stupid and boring your repetitive comments are. :yawn:

Why does some freak dislike Lleyton... You know what? I don't GIVE a fuck! The only thing that would be equally boring is if I start a thread about why I like Lleyton so much. So, I'll spare GM the boredom. Besides, people are tired of me discussing Lleyton anyway, right? ;)
Not everyone ;)

·
Registered
573 Posts
JeNn said:
True. Hatred is the key ingredient isn't it? Of course to some people using other people's bodies in the most intimate act possible for your personal gratification is not such a wonderful thing to do. But then, if you are not hating anyone, nothing is that bad I guess.

Seeing as you so wonderfully pointed out 'hatred' as a key ingredient in what is so despicable, can you demonstrate where the hate is in this statement? I see stupidity, not hatred.

Again demonstrate the 'hate', you fool. I'd hate to think of how many homophobes I know if using 'poof' denotes hatred of homosexuals. Oooohh....I know....virtually every straight guy I know. Get a grip!

Lleyton hasn't been playing poorly. He just isn't as good as Federer. It's that simple. If you exempt Federer, on every surface besides clay he is still pretty much the best player in the world. If you actually followed the mens tour, you would know that Lleyton is actually playing much better against the rest of the tour in the past 12 months than he ever has. When he was #1 and winning slams he was upset far more often in early rounds and by unseeded players than he is now. Now he pretty much dominates everyone on tour accept for Federer, and Safin on the very odd occasion that his stars align. This is evidenced by the fact that of his last 6 losses at non clay GS, 5 have come at the hands of Federer. So if not being as good as Roger constitutes 'playing so poorly' that he deserves constant vitriolic barrages from you then so be it, but if that was really the motivation behind all these posts instead of your own pathological hatred then there are plenty of other players playing just as 'poorly' who deserve your wrath.

Beautifully said JeNn.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
DDrago2 said:
/// all the young players are over-rated. So much talk about Gasquet, Murray, Djokovic, while they still didn't show that much actually. Ofcourse, the talk is not without any reason - but do you remember what, say, Federer or Roddick had to do to get the same attention? Much, much more...
Wow, and I thought that Sam L was the king of rubbish.

This? Is stunning.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
queen alexandria said:

Some of us are tired of you discussing most anything.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
I enjoy the logical implications that can be made through these arguments:

-No French Open champion of the last five years has won another slam implies that Nadal is crap.
-Hewitt is losing consistently to Federer implies that Hewitt is crap.

Moreover, these are the unique truthful implications based on the facts above; any alternative must be wrong.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts