Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
400 points possible (but only if he wins), if he doesn't, the 600 finalist points from 2019 stand!! I for one don't see him besting his 2019 results... Your thoughts on Djokovic and Rome 2020??

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
tactically you are right, but that would be a bit of coward, Federer would totally do it if he were in this situation

·
Registered
179 Posts
No, Djokovic has little chance winning RG, so he should focus on YE1 (and also to have the biggest possible lead before AO). I can understand Rome over Hamburg, but no way he should play Paris. I mean he should try to win as many points as possible, and he can not win any in Paris, and he is not the favorite to win Rome as well. So he should rest, start playing on clay in a week and play Hamburg where he will probably be the first favorite. Win 300-500 points there and then try to win 500 more in Vienna (He can not win any points in Paris). He should try to have 2000 points or more then Rafa.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
No, Djokovic has little chance winning RG, so he should focus on YE1 (and also to have the biggest possible lead before AO). I can understand Rome over Hamburg, but no way he should play Paris. I mean he should try to win as many points as possible, and he can not win any in Paris, and he is not the favorite to win Rome as well. So he should rest, start playing on clay in a week and play Hamburg where he will probably be the first favorite. Win 300-500 points there and then try to win 500 more in Vienna (He can not win any points in Paris). He should try to have 2000 points or more then Rafa.
This is actually not a bad strategy considering the 2 year ranking

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
It would be wise for him to skip the rest of the year. Something is not right. Time off would do him good. In his mind, the world is against him. That is not a healthy state of mind. He should ditch the gurus.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
400 points possible (but only if he wins), if he doesn't, the 600 finalist points from 2019 stand!! I for one don't see him besting his 2019 results... Your thoughts on Djokovic and Rome 2020??
Your post is contradictory to the thread title.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope, I don't see him besting his results, but I still believe he'll play Rome, believing he can win the title!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts