Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
ИДЕМО НОЛЕ
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well,

Once again, a player's dominance drives MTF into a place full of haters like a dry season savannah lake is with crocodiles.

TBH, I am also bothered by some (brand new) Nole fans that are soooooooooooooooo loud (but this is not the matter here)

How to deal with them ?

Please #Nolefam don't react and ignore them.

Is the existence of vegetarian people changing meat taste ?
Do you spend hours explaining them how meat is delicious ?

Their freedom is to hate meat, like some hate Nole.

Does it affect Nole's digest ?

Of course not.

We have all the reasons to be the happiest Tennis fans in the World right now.

So let's celebrate as we all know it will stop one day or another, and we have not to be afraid of it because we have had our sliced share of bliss.

And our slice was definitely a huge one.

If—
By Rudyard Kipling

(‘Brother Square-Toes’—Rewards and Fairies)
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
dealing with haters online, ignoring them and moving on - a fantastic exercise for one's social skills and qualities.

It has made me a better person, a happier man :)

I'd still recommend the ignore list for some of the most aggressive ones, there's nothing to lose, only tranquility and quality.

·
The Last Mohican
24,737 Posts
Some people are just uppity. They can never be happy with how well their favourite is doing. They always feel the need to belittle other posters and players. Some of these new Djokertards are insufferable always belittling Federer and dismissing his achievements. If you ignore them, they'll go away eventually. Always happens.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
You have to give actual examples of the MTF hate for Nole before this thread can be considered valid.

I havent scoured thru the site recently but I see little evidence that he is hated ... and I mean something beyond "faker" !

Nicks like Dull, Fraud and Faker are now simply references to the said players ... stopped being insults long ago !

And threads like "Nole is the best player I have ever seen" will naturally atttract people who might disagree , but that aint hate either..

·
Registered
24,809 Posts
Hate on Nole is no way comparable with the hate on Rafa

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Some people are just uppity. They can never be happy with how well their favourite is doing. They always feel the need to belittle other posters and players. Some of these new Djokertards are insufferable always belittling Federer and dismissing his achievements. If you ignore them, they'll go away eventually. Always happens.
the irony of this comment.

Reactions: Mimi

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
If—
By Rudyard Kipling

(‘Brother Square-Toes’—Rewards and Fairies)
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
You reap what you sow.

I remember comments made by Noletards after a Dubai Final quite perfectly.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I can't believe threads that are in the progress, like "I hate Novak", "It's easy to hate Novak", "Hating Novak comes natural"... and similar stuff with same topic. I've been on tennis forums about 5 years now, here quite recently, and I never have seen such amount of hate for any player. Quality must come with quantity, so we have now hating threads on forums.
What do they do ? They produce general opinion about one player. If one person whistles at Novak's gesture on court, there will be some others who will follow. Like with clapping. Same in forums. People are starting to think that hating Novak is harmless trend, so they are drawn into writing disrespectful things.
If you wanna be sane, running away would be safest thing, but eventually you will be caught up 'cause you are sharing same space with them.
Best thing to do is providing good arguments, and to be peaceful and as smart as you can be. If you can't - let it go, sometimes friends come to the rescue.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I've been on tennis forums about 5 years now, here quite recently, and I never have seen such amount of hate for any player. Quality must come with quantity, so we have now hating threads on forums.
Where have you been? Djokovic isn't hated anywhere close to as much as Nadal is and has been hated. 2010-12 were peak hate years for Rafa, but even now he is more hated than Novak.

MTF most hated player:
2006 Hewitt
2007 Djokovic
2008 Nadal
2009 Murray
2010 Nadal
2011 Nadal
2012 Nadal
2013 Nadal
2014 Nadal

·
Registered
21,709 Posts
Where have you been? Djokovic isn't hated anywhere close to as much as Nadal is and has been hated. 2010-12 were peak hate years for Rafa, but even now he is more hated than Novak.

MTF most hated player:
2006 Hewitt
2007 Djokovic
2008 Nadal
2009 Murray
Why was Murray hated back in 2009? Did not follow that closely, therefore asking.

·
Premium Member
ИДЕМО НОЛЕ
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
You reap what you sow.

I remember comments made by Noletards after a Dubai Final quite perfectly.
Don't be that stupid and put everyone in the same bag.

I remember also quite perfectly some Fedtards saying Nole playing and letting Jelena and Stefan is a disgrace, and even saying he was not the father.

BUT I dont say Fedtards said that but some stupid an disrespectfull Fedtards said that which means a very different thing.

Then TBH it is very childish and low minded to react with hate back if someone hated your player 6 monthes ago.

Then I agree with some Rafa was far more hated and this thread can have duplicates.

Because for most of them haters are no-life loosers that are jealous of successfull people.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Haha speak for yourself

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Why was Murray hated back in 2009? Did not follow that closely, therefore asking.
I can't really remember all the details. One reason was that he had become more defensive, possibly partly as a result of a wrist injury in 2007, but also because he seemed to want to play that way. Then there was his on-court demeanour, the fact that he was high-profile, some people's obsession with the British Empire or British media, his failure to break through in slams, and the list probably went on much much longer.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts

MTF most hated player:
2006 Hewitt
2007 Djokovic
2008 Nadal
2009 Murray
2010 Nadal
2011 Nadal
2012 Nadal
2013 Nadal
2014 Nadal
I think you are exaggarating about Nadal. He was embraced really fast.
I'm not talking about Djokovic of before, I'm talking about hate which culminated this year. Fans on the stands, writers of columns (for an example, on tennis.com certain columnists sometimes ignore to write about winner of tournament if it's Novak), on forums fans are making threads how they hate Novak... you name it, it's there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts