Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all, the entire field is trash. Dimitrov strategically tanked in RG to prepare for this grass season, as shown by his gutsy Queens title. He is also inspired from Sharapova's gutsy performance at RG, and she acts as a de facto coach, which is great because she has elite mental strength and knows how to play on grass. Unlike Murray, Dimitrov didn't hire a woman to coach him for PR purposes, he just dated one for the extra benefit. Sharapova > Amelie.

Further, Dimitrov has been serving very well lately and really, who will stop him? Only his father can derail this championship. Djokovic is a headcase, Nadal won't get out of first week, and if they meet Dimitrov will beat him. Murray is just clowning at the moment and Dimitrov can out-touch him on the court (and ask Kim and Pova - probably off too). Berdych and Tsonga are done. Perhaps Gulbis could trouble him, but on grass I doubt it, even if they meet. Dimitrov's biggest weakness is his ROS, which is pathetic, but he's been servebotting well lately and took care of Lopez nicely.

Even Andrew Castle agrees, and he is rarely wrong. Plus, did you see Dimitrov's expert moves handing out the racquets when he won Queens? This man has planned for success under the guidance of Sharapova.

Dimitrov 2014 Wimbledon Champion. FedererBulgaria may or may not have paid me to post this.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Re: Why Grigor Dimitrov WILL win Wimbleon 2014

I noticed an interesting parallel between Dimitrov's 2014 season and Federer's '03 season:

Fed

AO - 4R
FO - 1R
WC - W

Prior to Wimbledon won: Marseille (250), Dubai (500), Munich (250), Halle (250)

Dimitrov

AO - QF
FO - 1R
WC - ?

Prior to Wimbledon won: Acapulco (500), Bucharest (250), Queen's (250)

Very similar performance at AO + FO, plus winning titles on all surfaces (but no Masters). If the pattern holds your prediction may turn out to be correct.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Why Grigor Dimitrov WILL win Wimbleon 2014

I noticed an interesting parallel between Dimitrov's 2014 season and Federer's '03 season:

Fed

AO - 4R
FO - 1R
WC - W

Prior to Wimbledon won: Marseille (250), Dubai (500), Munich (250), Halle (250)

Dimitrov

AO - QF
FO - 1R
WC - ?

Prior to Wimbledon won: Acapulco (500), Munich (250), Queen's (250)

Very similar performance at AO + FO, plus winning titles on all surfaces (but no Masters). If the pattern holds your prediction may turn out to be correct.
Excellent comparison!

I also feel that Dimitrov is one of the few who's results won't depend on the draw. I think he can do it no matter who is in his way, except for Federer.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Nice troll-job bro.

You really are bored. lol

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
Hand him the title already

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
He won't win but a deep run is quite possible.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As long as he avoids Zemlja.
He's a much different player this year. Better physically, more consistent, better serve, and better mentality.

Plus he just handled Lopez, who is a very tough opponent. Not to mention Wawrinka. He should be in top flight for Wimbledon.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
As long as he avoids Zemlja.
Zemlja went out in R1 of qualifying today so you might as well give Grigor the trophy right now. :lol:

I think Grigor has a shot at winning Wimbledon but it will depend on how much he really believes it. If he does win (and that's a big if), it will be the best thing that has happened to tennis in years. :yeah:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
First of all, the entire field is trash. Dimitrov strategically tanked in RG to prepare for this grass season, as shown by his gutsy Queens title. He is also inspired from Sharapova's gutsy performance at RG, and she acts as a de facto coach, which is great because she has elite mental strength and knows how to play on grass. Unlike Murray, Dimitrov didn't hire a woman to coach him for PR purposes, he just dated one for the extra benefit. Sharapova > Amelie.

Further, Dimitrov has been serving very well lately and really, who will stop him? Only his father can derail this championship. Djokovic is a headcase, Nadal won't get out of first week, and if they meet Dimitrov will beat him. Murray is just clowning at the moment and Dimitrov can out-touch him on the court (and ask Kim and Pova - probably off too). Berdych and Tsonga are done. Perhaps Gulbis could trouble him, but on grass I doubt it, even if they meet. Dimitrov's biggest weakness is his ROS, which is pathetic, but he's been servebotting well lately and took care of Lopez nicely.

Even Andrew Castle agrees, and he is rarely wrong. Plus, did you see Dimitrov's expert moves handing out the racquets when he won Queens? This man has planned for success under the guidance of Sharapova.

Dimitrov 2014 Wimbledon Champion. FedererBulgaria may or may not have paid me to post this.
Very good analysis of Dimitrov 2.0, mate. Almost as good as Newcummer's. :yeah: Exactly my thoughts.

This will be a good tournament. Let the man with the biggest shlong wins.

Zemlja went out in R1 of qualifying today so you might as well give Grigor the trophy right now. :lol:

I think Grigor has a shot at winning Wimbledon but it will depend on how much he really believes it. If he does win (and that's a big if), it will be the best thing that has happened to tennis in years. :yeah:
Thank God! He was the hidden favorite for winning W. Such a promising youngster.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I still can't see him winning 7 straight best of 5 matches without flopping in a round. He doesn't strike me as someone who can keep it all together for a two week period.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts