Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could somehow undernstand if it was played on clay, but thats HC event with really small budget. plus he will have to fly to North America anyway soon.

He is playing Donskoy in R1 to whom he lost in previous week in Segovia.

Id appreciate any other arguments that 'vulture'. Tell me something I dont know.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also he didnt sign in for Cincinnati Q which means that Winston-Salem will be his last opportunity to play any event in North America before USO

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Because he likes Slovenia so much! ;)

·
Premium Member
20,725 Posts
He also played Segovia challenger last week & lost to Donskoy in the SF.

I guess he thinks he can gain more points in challengers?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
MONSOON season.
82,479 Posts
He hasn't been doing well on the main tour so it's possible he thought Challengers would boost his confidence :p

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Because he's a walking bye these days, especially in main tour events. I thought it was clear.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Because he's a walking bye these days, especially in main tour events. I thought it was clear.
Youzhny is walking bye for almost a year now yet it doesn't stop him from playing on ATP tour. (Yes I know that he just qualified in Montreal)

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
That's where he belongs.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
probably because he's having a pretty crappy year on the main tour and has dropped down to 72 in the rankings. he wants to get some points and probably stands a better chance of it on clay than on north american hard courts.

although if he plans on playing the US open he should probably play on hard courts somewhere before hand

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
probably because he's having a pretty crappy year on the main tour and has dropped down to 72 in the rankings. he wants to get some points and probably stands a better chance of it on clay than on north american hard courts.

although if he plans on playing the US open he should probably play on hard courts somewhere before hand
he decided to play challenger on hard in portoroz.

still, lost to Donskoy in 2.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts