Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
So how slow is the Arthur Ashe court?

“I feel it plays very slow, to be honest,” said Federer after beating Yoshihito Nishioka in Round 1.

“This, to me, seems the slowest US Open we’ve seen in years.”

The five-time champion in New York did add that a slower court usually helps the top guys, but when the likes of Djokovic and Nadal lurk in the draw, it is more likely to benefit them over Federer.
Interesting. The USO keeps getting slower and slower.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Agree with all you write.

Except that Fed can still win another slam.
He's less imposing this year than last, and Djok is now back full force, and there are lots of young ones who by next year may be capable of taking him out.

YOu think if he got to the Wimb final he would have beaten djok there? Look at Cincy .... and every encounter after 2013 in slams against Djok.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Fed is just not good enough right now. He's been terrible all year long and it's a miracle he won the AO. I'm glad he did.

I hope he doesn't peak against Nole and then bring his worst in the final like in 2011 RG. That would be nauseating.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
He can't beat Del Potro either. The only reason Del Potro plays is to beat Federer.
The fact that Delpotro is more successful against him and less against the other two from Big 3 doesn't mean he plays just to beat Fed. That would be insult to player of Delpo caliber .

Fed has solid chance to win this USO, imo

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
The fact that Delpotro is more successful against him and less against the other two from Big 3 doesn't mean he plays just to beat Fed. That would be insult to player of Delpo caliber .

Fed has solid chance to win this USO, imo
We will see but there will be no Del Potro/Federer final. It will be Nadal v Djokovic with Djokovic winning. Federer is not in good enough form.

·
Registered
492 Posts
37 is 37

i don't think he can beat novak, rafa (blue clay) or delpo
and oh yeah this too. i feel like too much of us on the forums ignore that he's 37 years old, i say that because too many can be overly critical on his somewhat shaky play this year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts