Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,176 Posts
I bet everyone prays for Lleyton on their half of the draw so that they know they have a chance at the title.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,821 Posts
Yes it is true that there is hewit streak about losing to eventual champions in the slams.
But too many superstitions here. I think this is a competitive match. I am very sure andre is recognizing his future in slams is uncertain and really wants to leave all on to the court itself. Roge also wants to make his year better after losing in Australia so close. Roge is very aware of slams and his position for history by winning them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
R.Federer said:
But too many superstitions here.
Well on the WTA side, Clijsters broke the "every 05 Slam winner faced match point" and also upset Mary's 5-year plan.

HOWEVER, she proved the Williams(Davenport)-Belgian(Pierce)-Williams(Davenport)-Belgian(Pierce) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
liptea said:
I bet everyone prays for Lleyton on their half of the draw so that they know they have a chance at the title.
This will continue to be the case as long as he's with Bec Cartwright.
On the other side, Kim at last won a Slam when she kicked him to the curb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,865 Posts
In WTA there was a similar situation, because Sharapova had lost to the eventual champion is every GS this year too! Clijsters confirmed the pattern by winning the US Open tonight, so Sharapova officially lost to the eventual champ in all 4 GS of 2005! So far Hewitt lost to the eventual champ everytime he played in a GS since 2004 (He didn't play 2005 FO), so this goes in the favour of Rogi tomorrow:D!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Tennis Fool said:
Well on the WTA side, Clijsters broke the "every 05 Slam winner faced match point" and also upset Mary's 5-year plan.

HOWEVER, she proved the Williams(Davenport)-Belgian(Pierce)-Williams(Davenport)-Belgian(Pierce) ;)
she also proved the maria "lost to the eventual champion of every 05 Slam."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Billabong said:
In WTA there was a similar situation, because Sharapova had lost to the eventual champion is every GS this year too! Clijsters confirmed the pattern by winning the US Open tonight, so Sharapova officially lost to the eventual champ in all 4 GS of 2005! So far Hewitt lost to the eventual champ everytime he played in a GS since 2004 (He didn't play 2005 FO), so this goes in the favour of Rogi tomorrow:D!
Great stat! Do they know that on the sister board? You should post a thread ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,821 Posts
Tennis Fool said:
HOWEVER, she proved the Williams(Davenport)-Belgian(Pierce)-Williams(Davenport)-Belgian(Pierce) ;)
Yes, did not notice this but true.
Once again all Williams are clubbed into one nation, the Williams nation, like the country Belgium ;)

So what is on the line tomorrow?

1. Roge streaks in the finals, 22 and going, should win if this pattern continues

2. andre has own little streak: RUP in 1990, won in 1994, RUP in 1995, won in 1999, RUP in 2002. Yep: RUP win RUP win RUP -- should be followed by won if the pattern continues?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,821 Posts
Tennis Fool said:
Great stat! Do they know that on the sister board? You should post a thread ;)
I posted one within 3 minutes of kim's win
and I was beaten by someone who posted within 2 minutes

I then bumped up the "Hewitt career slam " of last year about 2 hours ago to make that point about sharapova
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,829 Posts
R.Federer said:
2. andre has own little streak: RUP in 1990, won in 1994, RUP in 1995, won in 1999, RUP in 2002. Yep: RUP win RUP win RUP -- should be followed by won if the pattern continues?
AKA the pattern of Sampras/non Sampras in USO finals

90 Sampras lose, 94 n/Sampras win, 95 Sampras lose, 99 n/Sampras win, 2002 Sampras lose, 2005 n/Sampras
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
R.Federer said:
Yes, did not notice this but true.
Once again all Williams are clubbed into one nation, the Williams nation, like the country Belgium ;)

So what is on the line tomorrow?

1. Roge streaks in the finals, 22 and going, should win if this pattern continues

2. andre has own little streak: RUP in 1990, won in 1994, RUP in 1995, won in 1999, RUP in 2002. Yep: RUP win RUP win RUP -- should be followed by won if the pattern continues?
No, because he was on the 5 year plan that was broken last year :haha:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,829 Posts
Tennis Fool said:
No, because he was on the 5 year plan that was broken last year :haha:
That's not the plan. This was

AKA the pattern of Sampras/non Sampras in USO finals

90 Sampras lose, 94 n/Sampras win, 95 Sampras lose, 99 n/Sampras win, 2002 Sampras lose, 2005 n/Sampras?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BAMJ6 said:
AKA the pattern of Sampras/non Sampras in USO finals

90 Sampras lose, 94 n/Sampras win, 95 Sampras lose, 99 n/Sampras win, 2002 Sampras lose, 2005 n/Sampras
:p You pulled that one out of a dusty textbook.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,821 Posts
Pete had bookend wins, so if that theory holds then andre must have bookend RUPS. just kidding andre fans.... it is all we are joking with superstitions here

T Fool, this is why I ask you about andre's GS final record because I was trying to see if anything can be made into a pattern there. We know andre win the last one he reach, and lose the one before, so if that is somewhat the pattern then by extension andre lose today
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
R.Federer said:
Pete had bookend wins, so if that theory holds then andre must have bookend RUPS. just kidding andre fans.... it is all we are joking with superstitions here

T Fool, this is why I ask you about andre's GS final record because I was trying to see if anything can be made into a pattern there. We know andre win the last one he reach, and lose the one before, so if that is somewhat the pattern then by extension andre lose today
Didn't you post Agassi's record yesterday? Or maybe I'm just not understanding :confused:
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top