Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ball girl have racquet :confused: is it something new? where ball people hit balls to each other :lol:

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a tennis racquet with a net? the bottom might be part of the sign in background.

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Yes, it's like a tennis racket with a net, I've already seen ballboys with this kind of nets.
But I'm not sure, it's just a gues.

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
It's just the frame with a net.

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
These kind of frames with an attached net to them are used every year in Vienna. It is used there since I can think of Vienna tennis and it was always something special compared to the other tournaments where the ballkids hold the balls in their hands.

·
Premium Member
4,086 Posts
I haven't seen those for years!

·
Registered
985 Posts
lol------- first i thought you were takin the piss out of goran- i didnt see the ballgirl till later.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have seen them before they use them so they don't really have to bend down for the ball, so they don't hurt there little backs.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Rex said:
lol------- first i thought you were takin the piss out of goran- i didnt see the ballgirl till later.
I did too :) I'm sure I could come up with a tennis-like game with the nets, though...it would be like that game "nookum" where you try to catch the volleyball and throw it instead of hitting it back.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
Neely said:
These kind of frames with an attached net to them are used every year in Vienna. It is used there since I can think of Vienna tennis .....
True, this is a Viennese tennis tradition, makes up for the ugly hall ;)

·
Registered
13,830 Posts
Yeah it was also used in some small tourney in Spain I believe, I mean, apart from Madrid which is obviously going to use them.

I say this year they should've had male models as ballboys. Damnit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts