Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
He probably likes drawing Djokovic. I've never see someone cry so much after their idol wins a slam and then go completely missing for the rest of the year.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Get a room with doubletrollt, why don't you?

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
UH? What gives???
Last time out he got him at the final and won the title (phew) but it's so annoying they're always in the same draw.
inb4 someone mentions me ;)

It's just the luck of the draw, you know.

Certain sponsors, slams, TV stations and players are just lucky and will be lucky till another cash cow is found.

Our dear Rafito was always neglected and alone in other half at AO/USO 2008-2011 waiting sadly on Peakerer/Youngkovic SF 5-setters with a bowl full of pop-corns before TV.

After that he finally got lucky, because after 2011 he was not alone anymore in his half, 'cause Olderer is always there by his side with a bowl full of popcorn at AO/USO/Wimb. since 2012 so that they can enjoy Peakovic/Stanimal 5-setters at AO/USO and Peakovic/Contenders at Wimb.

As a great entertainer Nishikori was allowed to join Peakovic/Stanimal at AO/USO too.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Stan got Djokovic in RG Final so he was "in his draw" :confused:?

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Stan got Djokovic in RG Final so he was "in his draw" :confused:?
Stan (and Nishikori) have been HC contenders for quite some time but with very mediocre results at natural surfaces of Wimb.&RG, so were usually placed there at Wimb. and RG with Federer, but at AO/USO always with Djokovic.

Nadal and Djokovic were almost always (but once) in the same half/quarter at RG when not no.1 and 2.

Nadal always in other half from Djokovic at non-RG slam since 2007. joined by Federer at 2012.

So, le's wait and see how many times shall Stanimal (and Nishi) be in Djokovic' half at AO/USO in the future and Fedal in the other half, my lucky guess, always till one of Fedal is top 4 and Stan/Nishi were not seeds no.3/4.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Stan is doing pretty well against Djokovic ... well, in last couple of majors ... Not sure what the problem is.

The only thing that I kinda really question is that somehow Djokovic (when ranked #3) was always with Rafa at RG, but with Roger at all other slams. Conspiracy theories or not it was bizarre.

I expect Lit and Slash to come up with their statistics here. There is even some documentary that was arguing that it was not 'statistically' possible ...

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Best solution to the problem for Wawrinka: perform more consistently outside of slams, yes, these tournaments matter and improve ranking to No. 1/2.

Else barring draw fixing theories there is always a 50/50 chance for him to land in Djokovic half, which easily accounts for it happening frequently.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
UH? What gives???
Last time out he got him at the final and won the title (phew) but it's so annoying they're always in the same draw.
Is this a joke or trolling? :confused:

I agree draws are rigged to make it easy for Federer and Nadal, but this is a terrible example.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Stan (and Nishikori) have been HC contenders for quite some time but with very mediocre results at natural surfaces of Wimb.&RG, so were usually placed there at Wimb. and RG with Federer, but at AO/USO always with Djokovic.
The poor results on natural surfaces certainly explain Wawrinka's MC title 2014 - in truth he showed he is a threat on clay before his RG title. He himself said for quite some time, that clay is his favourite surface and since he loves to have time on the ball, it's quite understandable. He was underrated before RG only because of his subpar performances this year so far, but he is one of the most dangerous players when picking up form. With Murray e.g. you know what you get, Wawrinka is more dangerous, he can blow his opponent off the court, only you would say he is an easy draw anywhere.

Grass is his worst surface imho (same as for Djokovic), but he still showed last year that he can be a threat even there. If Djokovic can win 2 titles on his worst surface, I don't see a reason to count Wawrinka out as a threat.

(Nishikori had his first great result at the USO :secret:, why is he counted as a threat before it? :confused:)

But those facts would get in the way of your favourite story. Poor Djokovic. :sad:

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
The poor results on natural surfaces certainly explain Wawrinka's MC title 2014 - in truth he showed he is a threat on clay before his RG title. He himself said for quite some time, that clay is his favourite surface and since he loves to have time on the ball, it's quite understandable. He was underrated before RG only because of his subpar performances this year so far, but he is one of the most dangerous players when picking up form. With Murray e.g. you know what you get, Wawrinka is more dangerous, he can blow his opponent off the court, only you would say he is an easy draw anywhere.

Grass is his worst surface imho, but he still showed last year that he can be a threat even there.

But those facts would get in the way of your favourite story. Poor Djokovic. :sad:
Of course new Stan can be a serious threat on Grass but his results before the last Wimb. were 1R,2R,1R,1R the last four seasons.

Similarly at RG with QF'13 as the best result in career, but unlike Wimb. regularly solid 4R beforehand.

As Cilic after USO'14 let's see where Wawrinka lands now at RG as the winner.

At AO/USO, though, you can bet your house they will be in Djokovic' half and Fedal in the other.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
It's not that Stan keeps getting Nole. He is just being more consistent, reaching latter stages of tournaments more often. One or two wins against Nole does not erase all the wins Nole has had over him

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
^^#12 before last year Wawrinka wasn't seen as a big threat anywhere. Look how Nadaltards already celebrated AO title 2014 before the final match and even after the match claimed (and believed) the defeat was only due to his injury.

Now tbh, I don't even know whether Wawrinka or Murray is the easier draw for Wimbledon for the top seeds. Murray is the more natural grass courter and more consistent, but Wawrinka is easily more domineering. If the draw will be fixed however, I'd expect it to be in favour of Murray.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Never has a username been more apt...doubletrollt

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.