Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts
Like I said in the Gasquet/Berlocq thread, considering how disappointing French tennis is it's fitting their slam is just as bad :shrug:

·
Registered
645 Posts
it might be for court preparations. SL is in horrible state, i cant imagine what would happen if they play there up until midnight...
i might be wrong, and they are just being lazy, but i doubt

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
My local court has lights and one of the four Grand Slams doesn't have lights on any of the courts? :spit: Every 250 clay event has lights. So stupid.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Probably to keep these guys on side.

Reactions: Dead Net Cord

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Wwhile Wimbledon on the other hand....

·
Registered
690 Posts
People talk crap about AUS Open but RG is by far the worst Grand Slam IMHO. Even tho it's played in my favorite surface where players from my country can do better. Just terrible.

Also, their new site is pure garbage. It probably cost more to design that new site than what it'd cost if they hired someone to install artificial light in the center court.

·
Registered
690 Posts
My local court has lights and one of the four Grand Slams doesn't have lights on any of the courts? :spit: Every 250 clay event has lights. So stupid.
Public courts in my city, a really poor city, have lights installed there. Altho you gotta be related to Batman to play there, still...

·
Registered
903 Posts
Because the French are idiots.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
People talk crap about AUS Open but RG is by far the worst Grand Slam IMHO. Even tho it's played in my favorite surface where players from my country can do better. Just terrible.

Also, their new site is pure garbage. It probably cost more to design that new site than what it'd cost if they hired someone to install artificial light in the center court.
Australian Open is amazing. They even stream their WC playoff. :lol: :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
What do you expect, they're French.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
It's simply tradition.

Wimbledon has no lights either (except for the central court, which was installed not many years ago).:)

Why do we have no final set tie-break at Slams and Davis Cup (except for the US Open)? - Tradition :)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts