Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Rafa's comeback last year, Rafa has won Djokovic in all 3 GS matches while out of GS he is 1-5 against Nole.

Is this just coincidence?

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
He peaks for the slams. Simple as that :bigwave:

Nadal at his best over best of 5 >>>> Everyone

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Since Rafa's comeback last year, Rafa has won Djokovic in all 3 GS matches while out of GS he is 1-5 against Nole.

Is this just coincidence?

DJokovic has lost to Murray twice in major finals and and three times to Nadal in the last two years. Djokovic is not a big match player

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
bo5 is a very different story than bo3
thats why they should never change slams to bo3 like some people wants...

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
He knows how to reserve his best slams, unlike Djokovic who is a tour vulture.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Nole is an all around great player and all around surface player. He can win every single tournament if he puts his mind to it. Problem is in RG Rafa also does the same.

This year Rafa was his worst in clay season ever, but still managed to do it.

·
Banned
2,797 Posts
To me it's crystal clear that Rafa's dosifying his body for the big stages. Specially after AO (back injury).

One only have to look at Rafa's awful clay season this year.

I'm ok with it. He has won enough Masters 1000 already.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Because Nole is very weak mentally compared to Nadal.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Djokovic is your favourite right?:rolleyes:
I am his best critics. And he proves my analysis and predictions before the match right unfortunately.

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
Stamina- Nadal wins by grinding people down.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
He's a better big match player as their respective Slam counts testifies. As long as he keeps winning Slam matches between them I could give a fuck how many diddy titles he loses to Nole.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Ferrer has as much stamina as Rafa does, wonder why he doesnt have any slam.... :worship:

·
Registered
838 Posts
Because Nadal peaks for Slams. Djokovic should start thinking about following suit, instead of vulturing M1000.

Twenty years from now no friggin' body will remember that Nole gave Nadal hell outside of GS, while everybody will remember Nadal made of him the Lendl of his generation.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Djokovic did look frail today. Maybe he needs to start focusing more on his conditioning again like in 2011 when he was the most successful. Nadal had a horrible (for him) clay season and didn't play well for most of the year but was somehow able to grind out the win today. His down the line forehand started clicking right when he needed it.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
So Djokovic was 'ground down' in the first set of three of his last four slam matches against Nadal and ground down in the second yesterday? Seems legit.

To answer the OP, the following both play a significant role in this question: 1) Nadal continues to peak for slams while Djokovic hasn't recently and 2) Nadal continues to be a brilliant big match player while Djokovic hasn't recently.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Again the best-of-5 vs best-of-3 nonsense. If that would be the main reason, then why did Nadal lead by 2-1 in sets in his last 4 slam finals against Djokovic? If Djokovic would be better than Nadal in BO3 format but only lacking in fitness, surely he would lead after 3 sets, with Nadal winning the 4th and 5th sets (if Nadal wouldn't have lost after 3 sets).

1 - 20 of 86 Posts