Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 RG Final: Novak leads 1 set to 0, serving *4-5 in second. Wins the first two points but loses the next 4 to hand the set to Stanimal and all the momentum, loses in 4.

2014 RG Final: Novak down 2 sets to 1, serving to stay in match *4-5 in the fourth. Wins the first two points again but loses the next 4 to hand the title to Nadal, including DF on match point.

2013 USO Final: Tied 1 set all, serving to stay in set *4-5 in the third. Wins the first two points again but loses the next 4 to hand the set to Nadal, collapses in the 4th set.

Again, down 2 sets to 1, serving at *1-4 in the fourth. Only down a break so still has a chance, but wins the first two points but loses the next 4 to give Nadal double break and the championship.

Why does Novak always lose his serve when up 30-0 in a game? :mad: I mean come on, 30-0 should be a gimme hold for the server, but Nole keeps blowing it over and over again in vital situations in slam finals.

There might even be more, these are just ones that come off the top of my head

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
He just feels sometimes that the game is too easy for him. And besides he has always been a large hearted man. That explains this.

But whenever he loses a bad match like the above instances he always comes back in the next and whoops his opponents.

·
Your visions will happen
48,592 Posts
This happened with me a lot in the past as well and still does. You get up 30-0 in the game and mentally you just relax a little bit. You take your foot off the gas, just a little. Then you miss a first serve. Then he wins the point on your 2nd serve. Now it is 30-15 and it is much more complicated.

Nowadays when I have 30-0, I consciously tell myself to win this point also and make it 40-0 and keep the pedal down

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Must be terrible for his fans. #WorldNumberOneProblems

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
This happened with me a lot in the past as well and still does. You get up 30-0 in the game and mentally you just relax a little bit. You take your foot off the gas, just a little. Then you miss a first serve. Then he wins the point on your 2nd serve. Now it is 30-15 and it is much more complicated.

Nowadays when I have 30-0, I consciously tell myself to win this point also and make it 40-0 and keep the pedal down
Listen to Johnny, he's practically guaranteed to take over from Djokovic at #1.

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
Combination of lack of mental strength/terminal brainfarts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts