Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He imploded when Djokovic hit a spectacular return on MP in USopen 2011. Yesterday he also imploded after Gulbis retunrned the smash on SP.

The weird thing is that Federer in such situations usually has other MPs/SPs but can't recover.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
He's so used to his opponents playing boring robotic tennis that he's actually startled when one makes a decent shot.

·
Registered
27,183 Posts
Federer in general has extremely salty reactions when his opponents hit spectacular shots against him which is ironic because he has done it countless times to others in his career.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Because he's a sore loser and even worse winner, regardless of his impeccable tennis skills.

·
Registered
21,402 Posts
One word: ego.

There's nothing a huge ego hates more than being embarrassed.
Federer in general has extremely salty reactions when his opponents hit spectacular shots against him which is ironic because he has done it countless times to others in his career.
This. He feels entitled to those shots and gets jealous when other players steal his limelight, resulting in a blow-up.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
In b4 Mods close the thread. Also don't forget the chardy one in Rome. the bottom line is fed is arrogant has a huge ego and whiny sore loser

·
Registered
54 Posts
Reading all of the answers above I'm thinking why the incredibly rude tone? What in Federer provokes people's hatred so much? Whiney, entitled etc...I'm sorry, but he didn't whine about Gulbis shot. Many, many times he has praised opponents good shots, including Djokovic (US Open 2008, AO Open 2011 etc) Safin (AO Open 2005), Nadal (Wimbledon 2008). As a fan who has followed him since 2001,Federer is definitely the one praising his opponents most accurately and in most flattering way compared to many others.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reading all of the answers above I'm thinking why the incredibly rude tone? What in Federer provokes people's hatred so much? Whiney, entitled etc...I'm sorry, but he didn't whine about Gulbis shot. Many, many times he has praised opponents good shots, including Djokovic (US Open 2008, AO Open 2011 etc) Safin (AO Open 2005), Nadal (Wimbledon 2008). As a fan who has followed him since 2001,Federer is definitely the one praising his opponents most accurately and in most flattering way compared to many others.
Very well said!

·
Registered
21,402 Posts
What is rude about pointing out that Federer has character flaws like all of us? In contrast to popular belief he is not a divine entity.

·
Banned
2,797 Posts
He was used to play mugs who bent over it for a long time.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Federer doesn't like to be rattled on court, he likes to think he's controlling matters. Instances where the opponent comes up with better shotmaking than him, especially on important points, definately shakes him.

·
Registered
54 Posts
He was used to play mugs who bent over it for a long time.
Looking forward to Nadal growing old? Will you enjoy people talking that way about Nadal? In Nadals case it will probably be about him being blown off the court -at least Fed mostly has himself to blame - I see Nadal having no hand in his matches outcome in two years time. What will you do then??

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
RG 2009 :unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Looking forward to Nadal growing old? Will you enjoy people talking that way about Nadal? In Nadals case it will probably be about him being blown off the court -at least Fed mostly has himself to blame - I see Nadal having no hand in his matches outcome in two years time. What will you do then??
Key part of your post.

Nadal will know when to withdraw, unlike Fed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts