Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't remember the last draw, especially Grand Slam, where he was in Nadal's half of the draw

·
Registered
138 Posts
RG '06, '08, '10 (of course) :p but yeh, apart from that, it goes back to W '07 and USO '07.
In last 5 years Djokovic and Federer are 90% and more of the time on same side on every tournament.
It should be close to 50 % and it's not even close, everone who knows elementary things from math know it can't be random.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
it's not go to change anything if Federer can't beat Tsonga....

Who's what's going to happen.

IF Djoker not 100% ....

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
yea this is pretty annoying. The funny thing is that it doesn't seem to matter what their ranking is.

Fed #1, Nole #3 and they were always in the same half.
Fed #2, Nole #3 same half
Fed #3, Nole #1 same half

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
I still don't believe draws are rigged, as it's statistically still very possible (independent chances, anyone?), but damn it is annoying to see Fed-Djoko in the same half all the time. :sigh:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Uncle Toni is always in great form...

·
Registered
565 Posts
People do realize that the only to guarantee Fed and Rafa on the same side of a draw is to fix it, right?
People do realize the tv ratings are by far the highest when Nadal/Federer play in the final so they have incentive to fix it for Nadal/Federer on opposite halfs, right?

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
The organizers still live in the past and subscribe to the myth that a Fedal final is in tennis' interest. What this elite cabal doesn't realize is that it's subconsciously masochistic, as they want to see nadal manhandle fed in a violent and predictable way. It is a fetish of the highest order. Stop sniffing their jocks organizers!

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
It must be the stage....
It must be the stars....
It must be the drama....
It must be love....

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Because Nole is (1) and Fed is (3). Or vise versa :)
And Rafa, Muzza are (2) and (4).

I just don't know why they were drawn in the same half when they were (2) and (3). :confused:

I suspect some of the organizers are truly obsesed with a Fedal final. And they will do whatever it takes to make it happen.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
They have been in the same half in Miami and Madrid and the outcome was predictable. It sucks for Rafa b/c Federer or Tsonga stand no chance against him healthy. Murray will beat him.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts