Djokovic vs delpo wimby 2013 SF
Djokovic vs stan Us open 2013 SF
Djokovic vs delpo shanghai 2013 F
Djokovic vs stan AO 2014 QF

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Why does Djokovic seem to be apart of the best matches?

:confused: what is DTF?

·
Registered
6,407 Posts

·
Registered
27,181 Posts

Djokovic's style of game is quite conducive is being played well against due to the consistency in his ball trajectory. He in general doesn't do a lot to disrupt the rhythm of his opponent besides producing insane defense until they falter or hitting some insane winners himself.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Banned
5,616 Posts

Because his fans overrate it. Djokovic-Stan at USO was one of the forst 5-setters i've ever seen. Nole was playing like a "dirty pusher" © hipolymer and wawrinka was injured and serve like WTA-clown.
Even AO-2013 is superoverrated because of drama in the end and and some good points. In general that was pretty average match.
Wimby-2013 is the most overrated match ever. Djokovic playing shit, only his servebotting and return save his ass.Not to mention both DP and Djokovic are grass mugs.

Not overrated ones: Djokovic-Tsonga RG, Djokovic-Fed USO - 1,2,3 and 5 set were great, USO-2010 has epic 5 set, AO2012 matches are both great, but not that great. RG2013 sf is decent at max. RG2011 is good. underrated matches are - Rome sf vs Verdasco, vs Dull at Haumburg, Miami F 2011, W sf against Tsonga.

·
NAPRED NOLE
1,399 Posts

Because he is a slow starter that usually drops the first set against the top players, then somehow finds a way to get back in to it by playing near flawless, only to dip again in form and have to revert to grinding his opponents down to the finish line..All together making for extended matches with lots of rallies and drama..

On the other hand when he decides to show up from the very beginning (unfortunately that's almost never the case for some reason) his matches are not nearly as suspenseful.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Because his fans overrate it. Djokovic-Stan at USO was one of the forst 5-setters i've ever seen. Nole was playing like a "dirty pusher" © hipolymer and wawrinka was injured and serve like WTA-clown.
Even AO-2013 is superoverrated because of drama in the end and and some good points. In general that was pretty average match.
Wimby-2013 is the most overrated match ever. Djokovic playing shit, only his servebotting and return save his ass.Not to mention both DP and Djokovic are grass mugs.

Not overrated ones: Djokovic-Tsonga RG, Djokovic-Fed USO - 1,2,3 and 5 set were great, USO-2010 has epic 5 set, AO2012 matches are both great, but not that great. RG2013 sf is decent at max. RG2011 is good. underrated matches are - Rome sf vs Verdasco, vs Dull at Haumburg, Miami F 2011, W sf against Tsonga.
I agree that USO SF vs stan was a overrated. But are you out of your mind?? you think djokovic vs stan AO 2013 was overrated?:confused: now your just talking crap.

·
Banned
5,616 Posts

I agree that USO SF vs stan was a overrated. But are you out of your mind?? you think djokovic vs stan AO 2013 was overrated?:confused: now your just talking crap.
This match is nowhere near even top-5 in last 5 years. Djokovic forehand was pure garbage that day, couldn't hit freaking putaway, while Wawrinka was spraying stupid errors left and right from the middle of the 2nd set. There were many great exchanges and lot of drama, but not as many as ridiculous misses. No one expected that from Wawa, that's why people tend to overrate it.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

We are not talking about the same match I suggest you go watch it and then come back. if your opinion is still the same then we just have to disagree to disagree.

·
Registered
242 Posts

AO 2013 was one of the great matches of recent times....

I'm not sure if Nole has a monopoly on great matches, many of them are snoozers given his utter dominance for periods(in matches)....

Montreal SF 2013, Olympic SF 08 were a couple of the matches that aren't here but should be....

Out of the Big 4, Murray & Nadal have the most exciting matches overall, given that they seem kinda vulnerable in the early rounds....

·
Registered
893 Posts

It's because of the same reason why everybody play their best matches against Novak.

It's because everybody inside the tennis circles know that Novak is the world's best and most complete player. Beating the best is more prestigious than beating someone with numbers.

Beating Novak means more inside the tennis circles than beating Fraudull.

Even these 2 play their best against No1e, they fly all over the court and they play it with more emotion than usual.
Nadal pump-fists and celebrates on set points like winning of CYGS, and Fed shows everything from yelling and waving his finger to smashing rackets :lol:

·
10,272 Posts

Because he is a slow starter that usually drops the first set against the top players, then somehow finds a way to get back in to it by playing near flawless, only to dip again in form and have to revert to grinding his opponents down to the finish line..All together making for extended matches with lots of rallies and drama..

On the other hand when he decides to show up from the very beginning (unfortunately that's almost never the case for some reason) his matches are not nearly as suspenseful.
Agreed :wavey:

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

hm, enlighten me. Who are Nole fans? We are literally non existent. Dimitrova has more fans than Nole on MTF.

·
Registered
7,914 Posts

I don't know if i'm alone on this but he seems to be apart of greats matches
Off the top of my head

Djokovic vs nadal Madrid 2009 final
Djokovic vs federer Us open 2010 SF
Djokovic vs federer RG 2011 SF
Djokovic vs federer Us open 2011 SF
Djokovic vs murray AO 2012 SF
Djokovic vs nadal AO 2012 F
Djokovic vs tsonga RG 2012 QF
Djokovic vs stan AO 2013 rd16
Djokovic vs nadal RG 2013 SF
Djokovic vs delpo wimby 2013 SF
Djokovic vs stan Us open 2013 SF
Djokovic vs delpo shanghai 2013 F
Djokovic vs stan AO 2014 QF
That this was a 'great match' has the potential to go down as one of the biggest myths in tennis history. It was at a push average.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts