Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic now has 3 Masters titles for each slam. In comparison, at that same ratio, Nadal should have 42 Masters (actually has 27), and Federer should have 51 Masters (actually has 23).

Lower achieving players yet have more disproportionate ratios (see Murray, for example).

Do certain players plan their efforts better in order to ensure more successes at the slams? Or is there other reason?

Maybe Djokovic will change this trend in the next few years. But, what is behind this master/slam ratio disparity?

·
Banned
923 Posts
The barbarian probably thinks masters are more impressive :haha:

Reactions: BlackeyeVuk

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does a player make more money winning 2-3 Masters than 1 slam? Maybe money is the answer? I guess Federer and Nadal make more from sponsorships than Djokovic, so maybe prize money is not as much a factor? Just guessing.

The 3 vs 5 set factor doesn't make sense in the case of Djokovic, who now probably has the most stamina in the tour.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts

Maybe Djokovic will change this trend in the next few years. But, what is behind this master/slam ratio disparity?
Maybe instead of USO'15 half Djokovic, Murray, Wawrinka, Nishikori, Cilic (as at USO'14 without Cilic) ... they (Nike, Kia, TVs ...) will fix Federer, Murray, Wawrinka, Nishikori, Cilic half for a change, or maybe even put Nadal in Djokovic's half at HC slam for the first time since 2007, no.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
He fucks up under pressure. Masters aren't pressurizing because there not as big and don't matter as much for Novak.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Yes Djokovic is after money..he relies heavily on prize money so he tends to overplay in the masters.

Fed & Nadal are sponsored by the rich Nike and don't give a damn.

In tennis Djokovic sponsorships are very less. Ridiculously less for his skill. His PR isn't good and trying to improve in it all these years.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Dude (the OP), your trolling skills are amazing. Djokovic won 8 majors. 8 majors.

Not good enough for you :lol:? Do you know what it takes to win 8 majors. You might want to ask guys like JMac, Agassi, Connors, Ivan Lendl ... I'm sure they know something about tennis.

Do you expect players to play majors 24/7? So shall we have the AO, RG, Wimbledon and the USO 24/7?

There are other tournaments that are very important. Masters are very important. 250's are very important. Challengers and futures are important (that's where you start as a young/developing player).

You being a clown is NOT important as most of the time you have no clue what you are talking about :help:.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Yes Djokovic is after money..he relies heavily on prize money so he tends to overplay in the masters.

Fed & Nadal are sponsored by the rich Nike and don't give a damn.

In tennis Djokovic sponsorships are very less. Ridiculously less for his skill. His PR isn't good and trying to improve in it all these years.
Stupid. Nadal and djokovic have the same net worth at100mil~

·
Registered
645 Posts
Does a player make more money winning 2-3 Masters than 1 slam? Maybe money is the answer? I guess Federer and Nadal make more from sponsorships than Djokovic, so maybe prize money is not as much a factor? Just guessing.

The 3 vs 5 set factor doesn't make sense in the case of Djokovic, who now probably has the most stamina in the tour.
his peugeot deal is more lucrative then anything Nadal ever signed, so guess again... but nvm, disregard that

"blahblahblah, insert insult to Nadal... blahblahblah, write something idiotic so ppl will think you are funny... blahblahblah, insert another insult to Nadal

note to myself: dont forget to put smiley"

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Another boring thread by OP:spit::spit:

Actually Djokovic dominates everything, not just peaks for RG as Nadal:lol::lol: Nole has chances to be GOAT in everything(Masters, Slams, weeks at №1, WTF), that's why he gets more and more hate from Fedaltards with each passing day:bigwave::bigwave: But first of all Nole needs to beat Nadal on Wednesday 3. Getting Fedal Slam would officially put Fedal's era to an end. After that Djokovic will have the fight with the history trying to surpass these numbers 17-6-302-27.

Lack of talent.
Lack of weak 04-07 era.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
He`s not good enough

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dude (the OP), your trolling skills are amazing. Djokovic won 8 majors. 8 majors.

Not good enough for you :lol:? Do you know what it takes to win 8 majors. You might want to ask guys like JMac, Agassi, Connors, Ivan Lendl ... I'm sure they know something about tennis.

Do you expect players to play majors 24/7? So shall we have the AO, RG, Wimbledon and the USO 24/7?

There are other tournaments that are very important. Masters are very important. 250's are very important. Challengers and futures are important (that's where you start as a young/developing player).

You being a clown is NOT important as most of the time you have no clue what you are talking about :help:.
It looks like you didn't even bother to read what I wrote. If Djokovic had 15 Masters to go with his 8 slams I wouldn't see the inconsistency. The 8 slams are impressive. It's the low ratio of slams to Masters titles which is rather curious.

If you have any theory that explains that discrepancy go ahead. There is no reason to be so insecure about this. As I said, the 8 slams is an impressive number, especially considering he had to play in the era of the 2 best Open Era players.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Perhaps one factor is that there are 9 masters as opposed to 4 slams?
But Nadal and Federer both have less than a 2/1 ratio. The tour is the same for every player.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Lack of talent.
He`s not good enough
Cause He's A Joke
But Nadal and Federer both have less than a 2/1 ratio. The tour is the same for every player.
Since this thread creation, mind you we have about 20 replies , the amount of insightful knowledge display is fascinating.

Thread excising solely for bashing with least possible effort involving. I say, you lot are lazy as you're stupid.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts