Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the support of Austalians, who want to see an Aussie do well and may see him as a potential Slam winner. However, after his continued antics, I simply cannot see how anyone, Aussies included, could support this overrated, arrogant, disrespectful brat. You might say that Hewitt was cocky when he was at the top, but there is a massive difference. He was cocky, not arrogant, and he didn't disrespect other plays as does Kyrgios.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
A lot of fringe artists , hangers on and ones who have been rejected from fan bases of other good players will find shelter under Kyrgios.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Mostly his game. He's a great attacking playing with good shot making. His vibe on the court is very exciting. Shame he just has a lack of respect for others sometimes.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Mostly his game, sometimes his flair, but definitely not his attitude or tendency to not think before he speaks. Also really hoped he would do well and positively boost the publicity of tennis here in Australia...

·
Premium Member
7,211 Posts
OKish game, desperation for new blood.
I really wanted to find someone new to support, as my favs don't have a lot of years left in them. Kyrgios is fearless, I enjoyed watching a youngster whose balls don't shrink when they play the top guys. But it turns out he is a disgusting individual, he makes Fognini look like an angel. So I'll have to keep looking.

·
-Oracle-
2,070 Posts
Because they are blinded by the hate they have towards truly talented players this brat talks shit about: see Wawrinka(though I don't understand why people hate him as he is really nice on and off the court) to a lesser extent Nadal etc.

·
6,613 Posts
Kyrgios is a genuine excitement machine, and offers so much as the prototype of the modern tennis player.
As somebody who has such a huge future, am prepared to look past any indiscretions (which Hewitt was notorious for, like the racist inferences and spastics outburst) as he eventually matures as a person and as a sportsman.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Some peak like assholes :shrug:

Kyrgios' game would have to be peak Federer levels of good(or have potential to get there, which he doesn't), for me to be willing to overlook his attitude and root for him.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
I'm an Aussie and I can't stand him. I've tried to be a fan because he's very talented... but he's very unlikable and a very bad human being from everything I've seen on him. He's just despicable. I can't find one redeeming quality in him whatsoever.

People thought Tomic was bad. Atleast he's not an asshole to everyone.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I understand the support of Austalians, who want to see an Aussie do well and may see him as a potential Slam winner. However, after his continued antics, I simply cannot see how anyone, Aussies included, could support this overrated, arrogant, disrespectful brat. You might say that Hewitt was cocky when he was at the top, but there is a massive difference. He was cocky, not arrogant, and he didn't disrespect other plays as does Kyrgios.
The world is full of those, why not support one of their kind, i do not see any relatively cultured and well mannered human being support him though.

·
The Last Mohican
24,520 Posts
Because they chose to support him when he was younger, didn't know how big an ass he really was, and don't want to admit defeat.

Rationalisations out the ass hole.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Hopefully Nick will appoint a strong PR agency and a good psychiatrist. If not, he really risks to become the most disliked tennis player ever.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
because he is a refreshing change from the soulless PR orientated Federer, try hard fakervic, boring Mugray and controlled by his uncle Nadal

Reactions: BodyServe

·
Registered
672 Posts
Because they are blinded by the hate they have towards truly talented players this brat talks shit about: see Wawrinka(though I don't understand why people hate him as he is really nice on and off the court) to a lesser extent Nadal etc.
FWIW, I'm not a fan of either Nadal or Wawrinka, but at this point I'm rooting for them 10 times out of 10 when they play Kyrgios.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts