Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for Nadal supporters: Why do you care so much about RG? It's all here, all these years, you guys are literally dying to see Nadal win it once again. And, it's not just wishing, it's constant predicting and threatening like "NADAL WILL CRUSH ALL YOUR PATHETIC FAKERS AT RG, ENJOY WHILE YOU CAN" or "NOBODY CAN TOUCH RAFA ON RG YOU WILL SEE, YOU POOR SOULS" or something like it.

It's... sport, for god's sake. I support Novak but, last year, USO 2014, when we were expecting ANOTHER Djokerer final, Cilic and Nishikori stole the show... and you know what? I was glad. Because those guys earned it, they crushed both Novak and Roger, fair & square, that's what sport is all about. If someone is better - he should win.

I mean, this guy won it nine times. NINE. Do you even remember all those finals? What difference does it make if he wins it twenty-five times or ten times or fifteen times or whatever? Just to be clear, of course it's about achievements and pushing boundaries, but when you see his supporters, they don't act like it's about breaking records and making history - to them it's more like a matter of life and death. Sometimes it looks like they would gladly sign the contract where Rafa never wins any other tournament but keeps winning RG until he retires. Why is this tournament STILL so big deal to you?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Because RG is like the central processor of dull. Destroying his RG run means that Dull needs another year to build himself up once again, so we real tennis fans can at least enjoy a period of ten months without contaminated tennis. And Nadal fans know it as well.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Question for Nadal supporters: Why do you care so much about RG? It's all here, all these years, you guys are literally dying to see Nadal win it once again. And, it's not just wishing, it's constant predicting and threatening like "NADAL WILL CRUSH ALL YOUR PATHETIC FAKERS AT RG, ENJOY WHILE YOU CAN" or "NOBODY CAN TOUCH RAFA ON RG YOU WILL SEE, YOU POOR SOULS" or something like it.

It's... sport, for god's sake. I support Novak but, last year, USO 2014, when we were expecting ANOTHER Djokerer final, Cilic and Nishikori stole the show... and you know what? I was glad. Because those guys earned it, they crushed both Novak and Roger, fair & square, that's what sport is all about. If someone is better - he should win.

I mean, this guy won it nine times. NINE. Do you even remember all those finals? What difference does it make if he wins it twenty-five times or ten times or fifteen times or whatever? Just to be clear, of course it's about achievements and pushing boundaries, but when you see his supporters, they don't act like it's about breaking records and making history - to them it's more like a matter of life and death. Sometimes it looks like they would gladly sign the contract where Rafa never wins any other tournament but keeps winning RG until he retires. Why is this tournament STILL so big deal to you?
TOTAL NONSENSE! You obviously are a Nadal hater, therefore, unable to understand what Nadal winning the FO is all about for him and his fans.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts

You are making it up. No, it's not a matter of life and death for his real fans.

It's a sport? Really? We don't know that. :rolleyes:

This is how I feel as a Rafa's fan. I don't really care if he wins any titles or not from hereon, I will always support him no matter what (win or lose) because he had won so many titles for so many years already. As any sportsman ages, decline is natural and this is unavoidable; if not today, it will happen tomorrow. A true fan understands the sport and manages his expectations from the idol/player he supports.

Having said that, I would love it if Rafa wins 1 slam a year and a few titles here and there from hereon, in line with his reputation instead of going away/disappearing completely. I don't care if that 1 slam is RG or Wimby or USO or AO. Because clay is his best surface, most fans would love to see him winning RG because if he misses out at RG, he may end up slamless in a year. Another reason why most of his fans would love to see him winning RG is he will maintain his hold over the kingdom he ruled for so many years just like Nole's fans would love to see Nole winning AO and Roger's fans Roger winning Wimby. What's the big deal about it?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
For me, I just can't stand the most arrogant player in tennis history known as Roger Federer holds the record at the most slams. It doesn't have to be RG, as long as Nadal wins more than 17, that's all good. What a good ending it would be for the most humble player to take over the most arrogant player's slam record.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
For me, I just can't stand the most arrogant player in tennis history known as Roger Federer holds the record at the most slams. It doesn't have to be RG, as long as Nadal wins more than 17, that's all good. What a good ending it would be for the most humble player to take over the most arrogant player's slam record.
:haha:

Nadal is not the most humble player. Leave that for guys like Del Potro, Ferrer, Nishikori, etc.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

A god thread from OP.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
As a Nole and Fed fan, I care about RG a lot. Were Nole or Roger for that matter were able to beat Rafa in the final there, that'd be just a huge accomplishment. Fed had his chances. Nole will have a few more but I want his win to be against Rafa in the final. That would cement him as top 5 greatest of all time even before he accomplishes anything else. He can then go for higher and surpass Rafa in slam count, complete the 4 slam in a row thing and win the Olympics to finish off his brilliant career

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
This year it's probably because of 10th title.

But Dull fans always want him to pass Federer, and he's really close... And closer if Dull keeps winning RG. So yes, it's that important for them. Also because, if Dull loses at his best slam, chances are he won't recover from the hit, and his fans don't want that.

If Dull loses this RG and Fed wins the next Wimbledon, though, I'd put more money on Novak surpassing Fed than Dull.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts