Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a joking thread I want to understand.

If you are one of those people why do you want to change your sex although you know what will change is the external part.

Do you feel this because you want to be a female or do you hate being a male? What makes you feel so in the 2 cases?

Do you want to appear to others as a female or do you from inside want to be a real female?

Why can't you accept being a male and try to be a good male since you have the body of males instead of spending money and time of trying to be a female?

I am not a mean person I am not joking I feel confused and want to understand so please answer because I am not able to feel it.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Because life is boring. They have nothing to do. Nothing to conquer. They need to channel the energy into some exploration. So they explore.

·
Registered
22,597 Posts
because the w and o at the front is cool.

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
I have a friend who transitioned. Basically it boils down to the fact they the don't feel like they are the gender they were born as. MasterPredictor has it right though.

In Canada at least you do need to see a psychologist and live as the opposite sex for a year before having surgery to make sure it's not just a whim.

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
Some people feel and think like a woman, if that ever really exists.

·
Registered
14,895 Posts
Because life is boring. They have nothing to do. Nothing to conquer. They need to channel the energy into some exploration. So they explore.
Pathetic post.

Most transexuals actually feel they do not possess the body in which their mind is supposed to be, and that, right from the beginning of their life.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Because ones gender identity does not always match their biological sex. There are a lot of men with feminine qualities but they still identify with being a man. Same with women and masculine traits. On the other hand, there are some people who identify themselves as the opposite gender to their biological sex and therefore feel both their physical body and role in society are wrong.

You may not understand it, but surely you realise the importance of your sex/gender in today's society? When a baby is born, the first thing people will want to know is boy or girl? Babies are then treated and expectations are placed on them based on their gender and this continues throughout life. The majority of people with gender dysphoria don't say it is some decision they just happened to make one day, even if they do transition rather late in life. Most say they have always felt this way but kept it to themselves and try to live out as their assigned gender from birth. So basically, people with gender dysphoria go through a lot of emotional pain. The majority probably suffer in silence or kill themselves rather than transition. Of course there is no data to back this up, because most people would not admit to how they feel as it is so heavily tabooed. But even when they have researched this, the number of suicide attempt amongst people with gender dysphoria is very high.

It is technically a mental health disorder, but I'm sure a lot of suffers may disagree with that. Soceity definetly makes it worse. There are some cultures where those with gender dysphoria are accepted or even seen as special. e.g Fa'afafine.

Role in Samoan society

Fa'afafine are known for their hard work and dedication to the family, in the Samoan tradition of tautua. Ideas of the family in Samoa and Polynesia are markedly different from Western constructions, and include all the members of a sa, or communal family within the fa'amatai family systems.[3]

It is a mistake to attribute a Western interpretation to fa'afafine by mislabeling them as "gay," "homosexual," or "drag queens." In Samoa, people claim that there is no such thing as being "gay" or "homosexual."[1] Fa'afafine, as a third gender, have sexual relationships almost exclusively with men who do not identify as fa'afafine, and sometimes with women, but apparently not with other fa'afafine.[4] This third gender is so well-accepted in Samoan culture that most Samoans state that they have friendship relationships with at least one fa'afafine; it is, however, not totally accepted in other communities, such some Catholic groups and traditional leaders. Traditionally, fa'afafine follow the training of the women's daily work in an Aiga.[1][5]

Being a fa'afafine is said to be thoroughly enjoyable by this group. Many would state that they "loved" engaging in feminine activities as children, such as playing with female peers, playing female characters during role play, dressing up in female clothes, and playing with female gender-typical toys. This is in contrast to women who stated that they merely "liked" engaging in those activities as children.[1] Some fa'afafine recall believing they were girls in childhood, but knew better as adults. In Samoa, there is very seldom ridicule or displeasure towards a biologically male child who states that they are a girl. For instance, one study showed only a minority of parents (20%) tried to stop their fa'afafine sons from engaging in feminine behavior. Being pushed into the male gender role is upsetting to many fa'afafine. A significant number stated that they "hated" masculine play, such as rough games and sports, even more than females did as children.[1]

Te Ara estimates that there are 500 fa’afafine in Samoa, and the same number in the Samoan diaspora in New Zealand
Sorry to go into such great detail. I just thought someone should provide a balance for some of the more ignorant replies in this thread.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
This is not a joking thread I want to understand.

If you are one of those people why do you want to change your sex although you know what will change is the external part.

Do you feel this because you want to be a female or do you hate being a male? What makes you feel so in the 2 cases?

Do you want to appear to others as a female or do you from inside want to be a real female?

Why can't you accept being a male and try to be a good male since you have the body of males instead of spending money and time of trying to be a female?

I am not a mean person I am not joking I feel confused and want to understand so please answer because I am not able to feel it.
The simplest answer is: they are just born that way, with wrong sex. It happens. Some people fight it all life, even have kids and deliberately try to take masculine jobs like infantry officers in the army etc and never stop fighting, others just accept it as it is and change their gender and later even their sex. Google for example Andrej/Andreja Pejic, it is obvious that she was just born that way, nothing more, nothing less.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a friend who transitioned. Basically it boils down to the fact they the don't feel like they are the gender they were born as. MasterPredictor has it right though.

In Canada at least you do need to see a psychologist and live as the opposite sex for a year before having surgery to make sure it's not just a whim.
Because ones gender identity does not always match their biological sex. There are a lot of men with feminine qualities but they still identify with being a man. Same with women and masculine traits. On the other hand, there are some people who identify themselves as the opposite gender to their biological sex and therefore feel both their physical body and role in society are wrong.

You may not understand it, but surely you realise the importance of your sex/gender in today's society? When a baby is born, the first thing people will want to know is boy or girl? Babies are then treated and expectations are placed on them based on their gender and this continues throughout life. The majority of people with gender dysphoria don't say it is some decision they just happened to make one day, even if they do transition rather late in life. Most say they have always felt this way but kept it to themselves and try to live out as their assigned gender from birth. So basically, people with gender dysphoria go through a lot of emotional pain. The majority probably suffer in silence or kill themselves rather than transition. Of course there is no data to back this up, because most people would not admit to how they feel as it is so heavily tabooed. But even when they have researched this, the number of suicide attempt amongst people with gender dysphoria is very high.

It is technically a mental health disorder, but I'm sure a lot of suffers may disagree with that. Soceity definetly makes it worse. There are some cultures where those with gender dysphoria are accepted or even seen as special. e.g Fa'afafine.

Sorry to go into such great detail. I just thought someone should provide a balance for some of the more ignorant replies in this thread.
The simplest answer is: they are just born that way, with wrong sex. It happens. Some people fight it all life, even have kids and deliberately try to take masculine jobs like infantry officers in the army etc and never stop fighting, others just accept it as it is and change their gender and later even their sex. Google for example Andrej/Andreja Pejic, it is obvious that she was just born that way, nothing more, nothing less.
Thank you for your answers..

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
I also get the impression that it is somehow more common in the richest countries where medical background is more developed to treat those males psychologically and have the transformation surgery.
So it has to do also with the society itself that such persons are somehow created.
I am really not fond of this phenomenon, though can at least understand the reasons why they feel the need to transform their gender.

For me I have often felt that as a man I was many times not so comfortable being a male, though I never had thoughts to seek the female behavior forms to somehow compensate it. Meaning getting the same interactions with both genders, though it really depends on my rather introverted self.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
If most of the differences between men and women are solely due to social conditioning, why would anyone get a sex change? Surely this is the opposite of progression and merely reinforces gender stereotypes?

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
evetuone are boob fans

1 - 20 of 22 Posts