Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just shows the intelligence of some ppl in this forum, djokovic hasnt even surpassed nadal, first surpass nadal, and then try to beat roger, but not with that kinda asthma problems, if he played nadal he wouldve passed out.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Becouse people likes to overreact.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Because Fed can't beat Nadal on clay, and now Djoko has shown that he can outplay him on hard. Fed still has grass, but even Nadal pushed him to a 5th last year.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess all the roger haters are coming out, well see if djokovic can even come close to winning as many slams as roger, plus i dont think this is the end of rogers run, if he doesnt win a slam this year, then ok ill start to think so

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Because Fed can't beat Nadal on clay, and now Djoko has shown that he can outplay him on hard. Fed still has grass, but even Nadal pushed him to a 5th last year.
yea but what makes you think djokovic wont lose in a hardsurface GS, federer has overcome so many challenges, i dont think djokovic can do the same, hes going to lose to players, hes not going to play federer every time or nadal everytime

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
people jump on the first bandwagon they see.

however, federer's "81-4" seasons are over since last season. Don't expect them to come back. He will still win 6-8 titles per season, with 1-2 slams and 2-3 masters series per season for some more 2-3 years. Not sure about 2 grand slams in a year tho hehehe.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
and they assume its the begining of the Tsonga era

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just from a bad tournament? hes been going on an unbelievable streak, its crazy that he hasnt lost till now, but this doesnt mean that its over, if you play any competitive tennis u know u have up and downs in a tourney

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
His dominance is over, that is clear, but to say he will not win any more GS's is preposterous. <----(Did I spell that right? :lol:)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
yea but what makes you think djokovic wont lose in a hardsurface GS, federer has overcome so many challenges, i dont think djokovic can do the same, hes going to lose to players, hes not going to play federer every time or nadal everytime
Djoko has made the semis in the last 4 Grand Slams, and the final in 2 of them. He is quality and consistent in the Slams.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i mean, im actually not sad or mad roger lost, cuz i thought he deserved to lose wiht the way he missed all his chances lately, since the us open, but you guys are jumping to "hopeful" conclusions

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
High standards. 14 straight semi-finals for Federer, and (I believe) 10 straight finals before this. It's hardly an end of his run (maybe a slight decrease in dominance), either Nadal or Djokovic still has to get that number one spot from him. Federer's usually been more comfortable at the US Open than the Australian Open (aside from the anomaly of last year's AO), so you can't really compare it. Wimbledon, Nadal's been the only one to really challenge him.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Only the most optimistic fans thought he would win 3 GS a year until he is 32 years old.
Not winning 3 a year doesn't mean he can't stay #1.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
roger just said it great, "i created a monster, ive been winnning eveyr week and when i lose a set ppl are shocked or think im playing bad"

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nadal is not finished, hes got the clay and wimbledon, be realistic he got farther than he ever had this year in AO

1 - 20 of 36 Posts