Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i.e. hewitt is shorter than 5'11" (remember him shaking hands with karlovic) and i noticed that roddick (who p. mac said was 6'3") was shorter that henman 6'1" and there are many more examples...

why?

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
You cannot determine how tall a person is by comparing him/her with another person on a photo. The angles and distance of the camera affects the perception on the height of a person.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Re: Re: why do players lie about their height?

Well, to compromise I reckon Roddick is about 6'2" - last year he was a tall 6'1" and was still growing, so I reckon he's reached that height now. No way he's 6'3" though, that sounds like pointless ESPN propaganda to me.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Mandy said Andy was 6'1, so I think he is in fact about that.

A lot of famous men though lie about their height. I think it's lame. I recently went to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in Las Vegas (I was pissed there was no Agassi) and so many of the wax figure men there were short, but even many of the men ask for the heights to be altered. Well, my mommy told me the museum hates to do that, but I know Sylvester Stallone begged and begged them to alter his height--what a loser.

I think these famous men feel the need to be bigger than life or something and they are scared of people knowing the truth--I mean, who cares!

But like Lee said, pictures or the television can be a bit false.

·
Banned
9,580 Posts
Andy was in MSG's Angle show interview with Jim Courier
when Courier mentioned his height was 6' 3".
He's taller than James Blake, and James is 6' 2".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts