Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love watching Kolya play! Standing inside the baseline and taking the balls early, those lovely drive volleys and that amazing running forhand which for some reason looks really cool! :drool: :D

Those who think his game is boring need to stop being haters. :wavey:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,503 Posts
They don't like his personality and he does have a 1 dimensional game like 99% of the tour.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,503 Posts
Tursunov is a ball basher, but enough people on MTF like his personality and antics, this is not the same with Davydenko.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tursunov is a ball basher, but enough people on MTF like his personality and antics, this is not the same with Davydenko.
True. I actually like Tursunov also because of his style but his inconsistancy is annoying! :p

It's because they dislike him the most :). I like his game as well though
True...that's just typical MTF unfortunately. :( Glad you like his game also. :yeah:

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
Davydenko has the worst game in tennis.

How the hell did he reach No. 3? Fixing? :p

Davydenko at his best in late 2006 was very impressive to watch.

·
Registered
26,890 Posts
Davydenko has one of the most beautiful and absolutely not borning games... you may not like his personality (i don't like it much myself :eek:) but saying he has a boring game is simply stupid :shrug:

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Because he's skinny and bald. I can guarantee his game would be more interesting for lots of people if he looked like Ferrero or Moya.

His personality shouldn't be much of a factor because people form opinions before getting to know anything about a person.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I don't support Kolya, but he is great. His playing style is very pleasing on the eye, and his interviews are usually entertaining.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Wow, I was surprised that people find Davy's game boring. For me he is in Top3 when it comes to watching the game. He was AWESOME in US Open, I though he would win it.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
They don't like his personality and he does have a 1 dimensional game like 99% of the tour.
Yeah his game is just pretty predictable, once his pretty potent groundies start missing or they jsut aren't matching well against his opponent he can really lose it. On the other hand if you watch tennis religiously or have followed the game, it becomes a predictable game, you know how the top players play. Even Federers game is predictable, you know he'l use a pretty complete repertoire to win matches, if his slice is taking a good bite out of the court he'l use that tactic ad naseum. We all know what his weapons are and under pressure he usually serves even better.

On the other hand this does not make Davydenko any less talented, he's quite an athlete and for being so slim he packs a pretty nasty punch on his groundies especially the backhand. Of course it has more to do with timing, taking the ball early and using his opponents pace and redirecting.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
He is boring bec he hasn't a "cute" face :eek: blah blah
I love his game , unbelievable shots , great timing, it's always interesting to watch his matches for me :) Definitely he deserves to be in the top 5 :wavey:

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Different strokes for different folks, it is fine for people to find a game boring.

What's stupid is when people who never watch the PMK say he is a no talent grinder and even proffessional commentators say this when it couldn't be further from the truth.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts