Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unless they are praying for an easy draw and that he will somehow not have to face Djokovic, I honestly don't get why they think Nadal has such a great chance at winning the USO.

Or is it just good old blind fanaticism?

He couldn't beat Djokovic at the FO ffs.

How on earth is he going to beat Djokovic on the surface where he lost 19 consecutive sets to him? 😂

I mean I understand that nothing is guaranteed and that anything is still possible but we gotta be realistic as well lol.

Some Nadal diehards sound extremely optimistic about his USO chances.

Is it denial because I don't see another explanation?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
25,697 Posts
Die-hard Nadal fanatics still believe that Nadal can turn back the clock 8 years to 2013.
They didn't even know that the new USO surface plays much quicker than Decoturf during its last years did and it is much lower bouncing. Not ideal for Nadal's game.
They also believe if Nadal trains and plays on one surface long enough, like he did for last year's RG he would become unbeatable.

They will need an urgent reality check and they will be delivered one during the upcoming USO.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Nadal is slowing down. Especially on hardcourts Djokovic can easily shoot trough him....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Nadal is slowing down, but he'll play USO fresh as a daisy. Djokovic on the other hand will be depowered, because the crappy decision to play the Crapympics will basically fuck up the entire preparation to USO. I'd say it could be a 50:50 match.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Nadal is slowing down, but he'll play USO fresh as a daisy. Djokovic on the other hand will be depowered, because the crappy decision to play the Crapympics will basically fuck up the entire preparation to USO. I'd say it could be a 50:50 match.

Novak knows the best what he can - and what he can't do.

He is warrior.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
There's a month between Olympics and US Open

·
Premium Member
25,697 Posts
You are in the wrong thread. This one is not about why Djokovic can't win, but about why Nadal should or could win their possible encounter in Flushing Meadows.

Reactions: INFJ

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that's the kind of clueless response I'd expect from a Trump supporter.

There is a month between the OG and the USO not to mention Djokovic would be super energized if he wins the OG.

I always knew you couldn't be a Trump supporter and Djokovic supporter at the same time.

The latter requires intelligence.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
OP, thanks for the visuals. I knew Djokovic has dominated the rivalry on hardcourts since USO2013. I had forgotten how dominant. Nadal only got 4 games or more in 4 of the 19 sets!!! That is like the numbers we would see of Djokovic vs. Monfils or vs. Kei (although they take sets at times). This is flat out devastation.

Doesn't mean he will win the next hardcourt clash but it means the odds are stacked against Nadal. I don't want to be like the Rafa fans prior to FO22 who deduced from FO21 that Novak would be driven from the court in tears. Both of these guys are too tough competively to ever minimize their games or their chances.

·
Your visions will happen
52,870 Posts
Because historically he has better results than Djokovic, 2-1 H2H in finals and 4-3 in titles

Yes, it has been a long time. But Nadal has been practicing on hard court since the moment he lost RG

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Because historically he has better results than Djokovic, 2-1 H2H in finals and 4-3 in titles

Yes, it has been a long time. But Nadal has been practicing on hard court since the moment he lost RG
Yeah all the more reason Djokovic would win.

If Nadull gets that far.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah that's the kind of clueless response I'd expect from a Trump supporter.

There is a month between the OG and the USO not to mention Djokovic would be super energized if he wins the OG.

I always knew you couldn't be a Trump supporter and Djokovic supporter at the same time.

The latter requires intelligence.
You should do something to cure your obsession with Trump. A nightcap could help.

·
Premium Member
25,697 Posts
Djokovic is very keen on revenging his 2013 loss to Nadal, as he revenged his 2020 loss in 2021 RG.

Reactions: 2MatchPointsDown

·
The Last Mohican
24,808 Posts
Because they're delusional about 2013 and ignore the fact that Nole was going through a non-repeating pattern of one year that he was mentally weak (RG'13 to RG'14).

Nole choked 2013 USO. Had 3 BP to serve for 2-1, got tight as a drum and then after he lost that game he tanked the match.

In reality Dull is like 13/2 to win USO, and even that is generous. Dull isn't even top 5 HC right now, nor was he ever top 5 when he won USO except 2010 when he lucked out when his opponents were coming out from prior 5 setters... The fact that he has 4 USOs just shows that luck can change history and that you can fluke multiple majors if you're lucky. But you CAN'T fluke the YEC. You can't avoid top players and that's why he won no titles there.

·
Registered
233 Posts

If Nadull gets that far.
i hope both get to at least sf and meet in uso...

may better on the day win! rooting for novak though, and i agree with bookies. hes the favorite to win it...

but to finish first, you have to finish first...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Djokovic is very keen on revenging his 2013 loss to Nadal, as he revenged his 2020 loss in 2021 RG.
Of course.

I mean how obvious was it that Djokovic was still suffering from that devastating 2013 FO loss?

He lost the Wimbledon final in straights to Murray and lost both Canada and USO to Nadull.

As soon as he got over that dip he never lost to Nadull on hc again!

And 2010 USO was pre prime Djokovic.

The USO is Nole's second most cursed slam and yet he made 8 finals.

Do these Nadulltards really think the 4-3 and 2-1 stats are that meaningful?

It sounds more like desperation to me...

1 - 20 of 102 Posts