Mens Tennis Forums banner

Do you cross your legs?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have seen it couple of times, not only does it look weird but it has to feel weird as well. I have tried it once just to see what I'm missing. From my personal experience I have the feeling that men shouldnt cross their legs, makes them less manly in a way.

Here is a fine example how crossed legs can entirely change the image of a player.

Don't confuse this posture with the crossing one.

I have used this sitting style quite often meself and it feels comfortable, but that's where I draw the line.

Note this is only my opinion, perhaps I'm the weird one. I would like to ask MTF what are their thoughts on this subject.
Do you cross your legs?

Please note your gender, and the one you prefer. You are not obligated to answer your prefered gender.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
I never cross mine. It makes me uncomfortable when another dude sits with his legs crossed.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
It looks dumber with bare legs, obviously, but with pants on and especially formal attire (in a suit) it's a fairly routine posture. Diplomats and presidents and such do it all the time.

In formal situations, legs wide apart can have a vulgar appearance.

And you don't mash your genitals at the contact point between the thighs, they tend to displace below or above the thighs.

But nice subtle Nadal-bashing thread, anyway!

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Trying it while typing this. My knee is digging into the side of the other leg and its unimaginably uncomfortable, but I'm feeling pretty, elegant and important.

Self-esteem at an all time high

Reactions: Seingeist

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
I have seen it couple of times, not only does it look weird but it has to feel weird as well. I have tried it once just to see what I'm missing. From my personal experience I have the feeling that men shouldnt cross their legs, makes them less manly in a way.

Here is a fine example how crossed legs can entirely change the image of a player.

Woah, that looks straight-up weird. :lol:

Predictably, it's Nadal doing it, though.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
I rarely cross my legs but then I put my leg on my knee so it is not as crossed as Nadal's because that hurt my testicles. I usually use the other posture you posted, but lately I cross my leg less often.
Does 'Dal have balls?

After 6-2 in TB I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I never cross mine. It makes me uncomfortable when another dude sits with his legs crossed.
:haha:

you should have a "no ****" sign with you at all times and just sit how you feel comfy mate :lol:

·
Registered
22,645 Posts
because they want to?

The better question is why don't men cross their legs?

Reactions: KoOlMaNsEaN

·
Registered
13,477 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,682 Posts
Bet Djokovic can do this.

·
F***ing have it
17,638 Posts
Did u lost the lightsaber again :awww: ?

·
Your visions will happen
50,103 Posts
The 2nd one, with the ankle onto the opposite knee, is a more masculine way of doing it

The way Nadal is doing it there is, I think, pretty feminine, but as another poster mentioned, it is common in international business and politics so its whatever

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Without thinking I'll sometimes cross my legs like the blonde guy or the Asian guy in this photo, but I've never crossed my legs like Nadal or the girls in this photo

·
Banned
831 Posts

Don't confuse this posture with the crossing one.

I have used this sitting style quite often meself and it feels comfortable, but that's where I draw the line.

Note this is only my opinion, perhaps I'm the weird one. I would like to ask MTF what are their thoughts on this subject.
Do you cross your legs?

Please note your gender, and the one you prefer. You are not obligated to answer your prefered gender.
Real men don't care if they are throwing a feminine look with their sitting postures. They just sit in whatever comfortable position they can.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
It's not an uncommon posture.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Do it all the time. It's more relaxing and feels more comfortable than sitting completely rigid legged.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts