Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I say bad boys, I mean tennis-wise and not in my personal life. Bad boys in your personal life are just bad. Bad tennis boys are good though. For me it seems anyway. I was watching the tennis today on Eurosport where Marat Safin played Nicolas Almagro. Almagro was loud, fiery, whiny, borderline disrespectful and annoying, yet I found myself wanting him to win. It's kind of a pattern for me. Although my favourites have been involved in some bad behaviour I did like their tennis games first. I like Roger Federer and Juan Carlos Ferrero. Some would say they are good boys, but they weren't always. Juan Carlos could roid it up with the best of them when he was up and coming and Roger smashed more rackets than Safin growing up. My other 3 favourites though have been plain bad at times :devil: In reverse order of punk behaviour....

3. Andy Murray

Arrogant, cocky, foul mouthed (he used the c-word with great effect last week in Davis Cup), vomiting teenage punk with an attitude. But he's Scottish and therefore, fucking rules OK?!

2. Guillermo Coria

Sneaky, line-call-challenging, staredown-giving, crotch-grabbing Argentinian hellcat with an attitude the size of Buenos Aires and even bigger tennis brain. All hail El Mago :devil:

but, number 1 has to be.....

Lleyton Hewitt

Racist accusations? Check. Homophobic slurs? Check. Lawsuits against the ATP? Check. Bad Language? Fucking right. Fallouts with tennis federations? Check. General in your face behaviour? Checkmate :cool:

It would be boring without them though. And Arantxa, my favourite player on the WTA, was no angel either :devil: No doubt there is some psychological explanation. Since we have no psychaitrists on the board, I'll leave it to Avid to make some smartass remark instead....;)

And adios Conchita! :worship:

She retired officially today :sad: I'll miss her. She had a brilliant career, and although some didn't always appreciate her game, I always did. This clay court season won't be the same without some of Conchi's wristy topspins :awww:

And Conchi was a bit of a rebel. She smoked, she drank lots of wine, she rode a motorcycle. I do like the bad girls too, it seems :devil:

Conchita :worship:

·
Registered
25,060 Posts
:lol: our taste seems to be quite similiar :lol:
great thoughts btw :D :D esp. the descriptions or lleyton, andy and guille :spit: :worship: :hug:

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
:hug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts