Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all congrats to Wawrinka !

IMO the below are the reasons why Djokovic is not winning FO.

1) Every year he comes to FO with his stomatch full ie he wins a lot of matches/titles including sometimes AO. If you want to eat something (winning FO) you must be hungry. Also if you win continuously..the probability of losing will increase at some point. He needs to tank some before coming to FO....tanking a few tournaments...not skipping.

2)Djokovic is Nadal focused and ignoring other players...He needs to get rid of Nadal obsession...He is programming his subconscious that winning against Nadal is all he needs to do to win FO.

3)If he knows he want to win FO badly...tank AO....its very difficult to win FO after AO. Very very few players have done that.

4)Take rest after a previous FO loss...so that sinks in. Djokovic must take rest after FO loss to ensure his brain absorbs the aftershocks. Next year his brain will be strong...so he doesnt choke.

Guys you can add your reasons on why he is not winning.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
he didnt win because of unlucky scheduling, beating GOATclay and Clayray ..eventually something had to give.

He should continue playing like he has, I.E winning tournaments in a streak.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Novak needs to tank the AO, whole American spring next year, and probably tank Rome as well.

Focus on FO and Cincinatti.

Reactions: BodyServe

·
Banned
923 Posts
The only reason you need is lack of mental strength.

Even Fed, who is a complete mental midget at the FO, produced two magnificent performances against Haas and DelPo where for all intents and purposes should have lost.

That is what separates Fed and Nole

Reactions: Yolita

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Today's loss confirms and reassures that Nole just cannot translate his performance in 3-setter matches to 5-setter matches. He is just not the same player at slams as he is at Masters 1000 events. His grand slam results do not lie.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
1) Every year he comes to FO with his stomatch full ie he wins a lot of matches/titles including sometimes AO. If you want to eat something (winning FO) you must be hungry. Also if you win continuously..the probability of losing will increase at some point. He needs to tank some before coming to FO....tanking a few tournaments...not skipping.
Nadal had so many clay seasons where he won all or almost all tune-up events and still won Roland Garros though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No need to over-analyze. For many, many years, the clay GOAT stopped him. And then this year a red-hot Stan stood in the way.

If Novak ages well -- 3-4 more years of contention -- he should still be able to snag 1 RG at some point.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nadal had so many clay seasons where he won all or almost all tune-up events and still won Roland Garros though.
Nadal winning clay titles is not the same as others winning. His top spin can win...well we saw it for a decade.

Also when he won AO ...he lost FO in 2009.

Djokovic must come to FO hungry...not by winning all the tournaments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No body in the open era won his first FO as a number 1 seed.
This is an interesting fact.

·
Banned
831 Posts
I agree. He needs to come hungry and fresh. I made a thread about how he could be gassed for FO. Winning continuously takes a lot out of you. He overplayed this season and finally in the final of RG pressure and fatigue got to him.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
he didnt win because of unlucky scheduling, beating GOATclay and Clayray ..eventually something had to give.

He should continue playing like he has, I.E winning tournaments in a streak.
This. If Novak had Wawrinka's schedule and draw and Wawrinka No1e's schedule and draw, No1e would be FO champion now.

He has been extremely unlucky so far.

·
Registered
319 Posts
This. If Novak had Wawrinka's schedule and draw and Wawrinka No1e's schedule and draw, No1e would be FO champion now.

Goatdal?

Nadal is a shell of himself.

Murray is not a good claycourt player.

Unlucky?

He simply doesn't have what it takes.

He will never win RG.

Never.

Fakertards are delusionals... Faker is winning 1 GS a year, only had a multislam year in 2011.

And you all talk the same bullshit every single year, CYGS, winning RG, bla bla bla.

He is a tier 2 player, when will you accept that?

·
Banned
923 Posts

:haha:

·
Registered
5,096 Posts

All that time to think over excuses, insults, etc. and this is what you came up with?

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
there is no scheduling issue for djokovic...he played a set and a half next day and that ended the 5th set with a bread stick 6-1...so its a good practice.

The problem is wawrinka and federer are in the bottom half...and got it easy...whereas Djoko/nadal/murray are in the top half and difficult for them to win in the finals after playing the tough matches.
I blame it on the draw.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
there is no scheduling issue for djokovic...he played a set and a half next day and that ended the 5th set with a bread stick 6-1...so its a good practice.

The problem is wawrinka and federer are in the bottom half...and got it easy...whereas Djoko/nadal/murray are in the top half and difficult for them to win in the finals after playing the tough matches.
I blame it on the draw.
The draw should be blamed indeed, but there was a scheduling issue as well. You can't compare playing a 5th set of a slam SF to a practice. Sorry but it does not work this way.

Just way too many obstacles put in front of No1e to overcome. He is just a human after all.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
First of all, I think playing Murray on Saturday was not optimal for Djokovic. That applies to any other player as well. It's not as much about physical expenditure, but about psychological disadvantage. The day of rest is at least as important psychologically as it is physically. It gives players a chance to take a mental break, reflect, and gain strength. So yes, it was a disadvantage for Djokovic IMO, and I'm not even a Djoker fan.

Second of all, regardless of that disadvantage, I think it didn't make any difference in the outcome of the Final. Stan was going to win the Final the way he played, and that's the way it was going to be. If Nadal had somehow won the first set against Djokovic and by some miracle taken the QF, he would have also lost to Wawrinka. Stan deserves a little more credit here. It's nearly impossible to beat a player who is playing like he did. And playing like he did is difficult and risky, and most people can't sustain that level for a full match.

Basically Djokovic was unlucky to meet Wawrinka in this form in the Final. That's the way I see it.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts