Registered
1,015 Posts
Re: Why Djokovic could break Federer’s Grand Slam record

The writer forgot to mention, "Kokkinakis banged his girlfriend"

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

Won't happen, I think it's too late. Sadly Novak had too many health issues early on and then did a lot of choking in 2013.

Hope he beats Nadal. I would already put him ahead in many ways. He has actually had two of the GOAT seasons ever with this year and the mighty 2011, all against great opposition especially the latter. He has more top 10 wins than Nadal. He didn't cheat to win his or get lucky with the weakest competition ever, see 2010 draws and opponents for details.

It's funny how now people aren't even talking about nadal amongst the mighty Fed and Djoker :D

·
-Oracle-
2,070 Posts

I read about "the big four" along those lines and the article instantly lost its credibility.

Also LOL at Murray being called a "threat" to Faker.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts

Won't happen, I think it's too late. Sadly Novak had too many health issues early on and then did a lot of choking in 2013.

Hope he beats Nadal. I would already put him ahead in many ways. He has actually had two of the GOAT seasons ever with this year and the mighty 2011, all against great opposition especially the latter. He has more top 10 wins than Nadal. He didn't cheat to win his or get lucky with the weakest competition ever, see 2010 draws and opponents for details.

It's funny how now people aren't even talking about nadal amongst the mighty Fed and Djoker :D
You are a fool. There is no such thing as an easy draw. There is an easy final. If you face someone that is inexperienced who plays well. Like Chris Lewis Wimbledon 83. Or Baghdatis AO 06.

Nadal is primarily GOD on clay. Who developed his game to make further history on grass and HARDCOURT.

You hold Federer too high. His record will all go inside 20 years. Because of one man NADAL. He kept Federer reachable. And that's why goons like you hate him. Djokovic is capable of at best tieing Federer if all goes well over the next 5 years.

But that would be enough to make Djokovic the GOAT anyway as he will have more masters than Federer too. But nobody wants to bet their life Nadal doesn't win one more slam either. It's always about his level. It hits 75%. Nobody beats him.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts

Asked and answered...

·
Registered
1,758 Posts

Of course he could do it. I could also win the lottery. Doesn't mean I will nor that the chance of it happening is high...

·
Registered
2,285 Posts

Of course he could do it. I could also win the lottery. Doesn't mean I will nor that the chance of it happening is high...
there is a bigger chance of Novak reaching 17+GS than you winning the lottery.
If he wins US Open, he will enter AO with 10GS still 28 going for his 11th.. he just needs to win 1-2 GS conseq. for 4-5 years

·
Registered
9,716 Posts

I think 12 slams for him at most

·
Registered
1,758 Posts

there is a bigger chance of Novak reaching 17+GS than you winning the lottery.
If he wins US Open, he will enter AO with 10GS still 28 going for his 11th.. he just needs to win 1-2 GS conseq. for 4-5 years
Of course there's a bigger chance of him doing it than me winning the lottery. That was not my point. My point was that although he could do it it's not very likely. The article states something that we all know. He could do it. Big whoop.

The funny thing is that you write that he "just" needs to win 1-2 GS consequently for 4-5 years after turning 28. Can you mention one tennis player that have done that, like ever? That should tell you something about his odds of doing it.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts

Theres a much greater chance that Djokovic could get to 18. Than there is of you winning the lottery. MUCH GREATER. If he plays consistently at the right times, like he did yesterday. He will leave this year with 10 slams.

He does that ITS ON. He wins next years AO and FO. THE FICKLE SHEEP who reside on these forums will Seriously have their cages rattled. I will love that more than a chicken dinner.

Then if Nadal finds form and gets a 15th slam. Things start to get PRETTY INTERESTING. A certain group of people start to get very concerned. I Like that. The smug arrogance will melt away. And be replaced by FEAR. And that's when every tennis forum on the net comes to life like NEVER BEFORE.

Nadal and DJOKOVIC both within two of Federer. Takes a lot away from Federer. Especially since everyone with any level of intelligence and level thinking knows Federer had it easy 2004--2006. That's why only Fedtards make a noise about the number 17. We all know half of them were gift wrapped.

But karma is a funny bitch. Sampras saw his record matched in less than 7 years. By 2019 I would not be surprised if Federer has company at 17. Not surprised at ALL.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts

Of course there's a bigger chance of him doing it than me winning the lottery. That was not my point. My point was that although he could do it it's not very likely. The article states something that we all know. He could do it. Big whoop.

The funny thing is that you write that he "just" needs to win 1-2 GS consequently for 4-5 years after turning 28. Can you mention one tennis player that have done that, like ever? That should tell you something about his odds of doing it.
Noone won 9 RG before Rafa, Noone had more than 14 GS before Federer.. it doesn´t really matter.. we all know its hard..

But 2 key factors play a role in this all
Best body&fitness the sport has ever seen, if he can keep his form like Federer.. there is no reason he can play like he did this year, in lets say 2-3 years time.

If none of the younger generation turn out to be Sampras/Rafa/fed/Becker etc like.. Djokovics consistency alone will win him GS.
Djokovic would rather have 3-4 Murray like players in the tour, than lets say 1 Rafael Nadal like.

Players have proven they can win GS and multiple aswell, Federer showed that even closing in on 34 years of age, one can totally destroy the field in his favorite surface.
If he is to become new goat, then i predict something like this. (based on that he wins USO-15)

So based on this, he can even make it 19 GS wins..
201628-29 AO,RG,US
201729-30 AO,W,US
201830-31 W,US <- this is where Agassi made his best season, <this is where Federer last won his slam
201931-32 AO
2021 <-Federer made a Wimbledon final, would win anyone in the world except Djokovic
2022 <- Agassi made US Final

So you could reduce 2 slams from my prediction and he would tie 17 GS, which would make room for Rafael Nadal he could also reach 17+.. Federer just showed the way that you can be rank 2 and play Slam finals closing in on 34 years of age..

Novak&Rafa fans have a long time before its all over and done.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts

Theres a much greater chance that Djokovic could get to 18. Than there is of you winning the lottery. MUCH GREATER. If he plays consistently at the right times, like he did yesterday. He will leave this year with 10 slams.

He does that ITS ON. He wins next years AO and FO. THE FICKLE SHEEP who reside on these forums will Seriously have their cages rattled. I will love that more than a chicken dinner.

Then if Nadal finds form and gets a 15th slam. Things start to get PRETTY INTERESTING. A certain group of people start to get very concerned. I Like that. The smug arrogance will melt away. And be replaced by FEAR. And that's when every tennis forum on the net comes to life like NEVER BEFORE.

Nadal and DJOKOVIC both within two of Federer. Takes a lot away from Federer. Especially since everyone with any level of intelligence and level thinking knows Federer had it easy 2004--2006. That's why only Fedtards make a noise about the number 17. We all know half of them were gift wrapped.

But karma is a funny bitch. Sampras saw his record matched in less than 7 years. By 2019 I would not be surprised if Federer has company at 17. Not surprised at ALL.
Read my second post...

·
Registered
3,045 Posts

Noone won 9 RG before Rafa, Noone had more than 14 GS before Federer.. it doesn´t really matter.. we all know its hard..

Best body&fitness the sport has ever seen, if he can keep his form like Federer.. there is no reason he can play like he did this year, in lets say 2-3 years time.

If none of the younger generation turn out to be Sampras/Rafa/fed/Becker etc like.. Djokovics consistency alone will win him GS.
Djokovic would rather have 3-4 Murray like players in the tour, than lets say 1 Rafael Nadal like.

Players have proven they can win GS and multiple aswell, Federer showed that even closing in on 34 years of age, one can totally destroy the field in his favorite surface.
If he is to become new goat, then i predict something like this. (based on that he wins USO-15)

201628-29 AO,RG,US
201729-30 AO,W,US
201830-31 W,US <- this is where Agassi made his best season, <this is where Federer last won his slam
201931-32 AO
2021 <-Federer made a Wimbledon final, would win anyone in the world except Djokovic

So you could reduce 2 slams from my prediction and he would tie 17 GS, which would make room for Rafael Nadal he could also reach 17+.. Federer just showed the way that you can be rank 2 and play Slam finals closing in on 34 years of age..

I have to agree with this, one of the biggest reasons I think Novak can win 15--17 slams is his supreme conditioning. He can outlast anyone. Add to this his game has never been stronger ALLROUND. Imagine if he takes this years U.S open. Next year I wouldn't bet against him winning another 3 slams.

Novak is the only player since Agassi that could still play better after 28 than he did before it. AGASSI won 5 slams after his 28th birthday. Djokovic can better that easily.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts

201628-29 AO,RG,US
201729-30 AO,W,US
201931-32 AO

You still don't get it. Yes people have done things that haven't been done before. It happens all the time. That doesn't mean that that exact thing have a high chance of happening.

The chance of a tennis player reaching 15 slams is very very low. 1 out of how many professional tennis players have done it? Even if Nadal wins another it's still only 2 out of many thousands.

Your little scenario is quite unlikely. Djokovic would have to repeat something that very few tennis players have done. On top of that he'd have to do quite a few things that no tennis player has done before.

You can hope all you want. I wouldn't have a problem with Djokovic winning that much. He's one of my favorites. But it's still very unlikely.

Just think. Only 17.5% of all slams won in the Open Era have been won at the age 27+. In your scenario Djokovic would have to win over 50% of his slams past 27.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts

I have to agree with this, one of the biggest reasons I think Novak can win 15--17 slams is his supreme conditioning. He can outlast anyone. Add to this his game has never been stronger ALLROUND. Imagine if he takes this years U.S open. Next year I wouldn't bet against him winning another 3 slams.

Novak is the only player since Agassi that could still play better after 28 than he did before it. AGASSI won 5 slams after his 28th birthday. Djokovic can better that easily.
Its not nor never was about an age problem, Its lack of competition. Agassi didnt win all those all of a sudden. The players who use to win slams before just decline.
He did have a long career and alot of injuries, unlike Nole.

Nole could reach 17 or even surpass it. But he lost alot of ground and momentum in 2012 and 2013.

But hes still the best so lets see in a a few years...

·
Registered
9,517 Posts

Djokovic is only player who could play after 28 ???? What do you think Federer is doing on tour at 34?! If Djokovic was winning more after 2011 than he could do something more but now NO. GS' do not grow on tree. He even would not get to Nadal' number.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts