Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Wild Cards went to Schnur, Volfson, Polansky and Gulbis but why nothing for Aliassime? He could very well replace Volfson, maybe Schnur too

·
24,134 Posts
The Wild Cards went to Schnur, Volfson, Polansky and Gulbis but why nothing for Aliassime? He could very well replace Volfson, maybe Schnur too
Is he really that bad of a shape to get QWCs? :eek:

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,874 Posts
Because he's 15 and doesn't need to be playing Masters qualifying yet.
because its way to soon for him to be playing a masters qualification
Pretty much answered the question. He needs time to build himself physically and mentally. Challengers was tough enough (even so he won a few). Masters is a whole new ballpark. Let the kid be a kid first.

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it doesn't matter he has good results, he must not play because he's 15? So let Isade Juneau play instead who struggles to win games in the Futures tournaments, let alone matches

Ok

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
30,372 Posts
So it doesn't matter he has good results, he must not play because he's 15? So let Isade Juneau play instead who struggles to win games in the Futures tournaments, let alone matches

Ok
Juneau is an alternate. I hope you are just posting this for shock value and you actually understand the difference.

If Aliassime wanted to be in the qualifying draw, he could have signed up as an alternate on site and would have been in the draw instead of Juneau because Aliassime has a higher ranking.

·
30,372 Posts
Schnur qualified for MD match at a masters event last year in Toronto. Have to give him at least the QWC this year.

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Juneau is an alternate. I hope you are just posting this for shock value and you actually understand the difference.
Of course

Ok then fair point probably he didn't want to sign up and I can understand that

·
24,134 Posts
I think he didn't sign up in time
Kind of bizarre for him seeing he started the year at the Top 20 though (unless he wasn't planning on joining Montreal this year but had to due to his ranking slump).

·
Registered
14,852 Posts
Don't be fast. He could win a match here but that doesn't bring anything beside from pressure on him. Just let him practice and improve his game. He will play a lot of matches in Toronto and won't even need a wildcard for it.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Kind of bizarre for him seeing he started the year at the Top 20 though (unless he wasn't planning on joining Montreal this year but had to due to his ranking slump).
He would have had to play Qualies anyway (out of the top 80) but wouldn't have needed a WC had he signed up for it.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,452 Posts
It'd be better from him to continue playing futures events for the time being, so he can build himself up bit by bit. Jumping straight into a masters event at such a young age, no matter how promising you look, will probably result in a loss.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
His birthday is the same day as Federer. Instant future GOAT hype + QWC shouldn't even be questioned.

Reactions: MWW

·
Registered
22,653 Posts
A fourteen year old boy cannot compete against grown men. The kid would not have a chance. I do not like hype let the boy develop first.
yeah it's not like he just blew Darian King off the court and took a set from Niahioka or anything.

Ple players he would face in the qualies here aren't that much better than Nishioka.

Would have been a nice experience imo but one I guess him and his team didn't want since they could have signed up and got one as an alternate.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts