·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Because he withdrew.

·
Registered
196 Posts
personal problems, whatever that may be
Yes, that's the only known information and very vague actually...
Don't know what's going on with him. He looked like sh*t (and played like sh*t) in his IW match against Wawrinka.

Now he's going to play an exhibition in Cyprus, with Youzhny and Grosjean among others.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Strangely enough, despite not playing, his ranking rose a few places to #14.

I suppose because all the players around him shuffled around with their points which inadvertedly benefitted him.

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
any news? what's up with him? he has a sf to defend in munich but apparently won't show up.
He's injured. I remember people said last time in GM he has personal problems or there are problems in his family - I can't find the thread anymore -, but according to L'Equipe, it's a normal injury (astragalus, he's out until the French Open). He tried to play in DC despite of the injury, but his ankle was still getting bigger and bigger, so his doc told him he has to stop 4 weeks.
BAGHDATIS OUT JUSQU’À ROLAND. – Souffrant d’un problème à l’astragale (un os de la cheville), le Chypriote Marcos Baghdatis a dû se résoudre à prendre du repos jusqu’à Roland-Garros. Absent à Miami, il avait disputé un match de Coupe Davis avec Chypre face à la Slovénie. « Mais ma cheville continuait à enfler et le docteur m’a prescrit quatre semaines d’arrêt. » En attendant la reprise, Baghdatis va se mettre au vert une quinzaine de jours à Val-d’Isère où il pourra s’entretenir en faisant du vélo et des promenades en raquette.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts