Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am sure i will offend some people by saying this, but i feel martina should have taken at least a few months after her recovery to work on her game. she is one of my favourites, but i just think she can only compete with the best when she is at her peak and venus/serena/davenport etc are slightly off. i don't know if she feels their is no point to changing anything, but from what i saw at the US open and obviously in russia she is not looking to change a thing. i know this is a good opportunity for her to get some points as she has none to defend, but i think it could hurt her come the aussie summer when she has a pile of points to defend and an ever increasing group of young players (esp russian and swiss) who are just ready to take her on. does my point have no validity?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
of course it has some validity.
she said she felt like stepping onto courts and competing again, that she couldn't wait any longer, and I can respect that. but I really don't know what she expected. players who usually didn't have a chance against her are now much more confident when facing her, because she's so vulnerable. she's on the wrong track. maybe she SHOULD have waited longer, but it's too late now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts