Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why has he lost the touch of winning grand slams he's 1 and 5 in grand slam finals since 2012 Aus Open, why can't he get over the winning line anymore what has happened to him as a player.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
He is a pathetic master titles vulture. Should be banned from making slam finals again. Otherwise we'll have automatic byes and boring slam finals over and over.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
To be fair, the two Roland Garros finals were against the best clay courter ever, and the Wimbledon final was against a fantastic grass courter with the hope of a nation behind him. The only finals that he really shouldn't have lost were USO '12 and '13.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
For some recent his mentality is terrible in big matches and has been for a long time. Sick of seeing him in control and kicking Nadal's ass and then choking like hell to let Nadal win the match. His performance against Andy at Wimbledon was woeful too. It's strange :(

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
maybe nolethebest can tell us...

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Why has he lost the touch of winning grand slams he's 1 and 5 in grand slam finals since 2012 Aus Open, why can't he get over the winning line anymore what has happened to him as a player.
cause a little guy named rafa has put the fear of god in him and reduced him to the level of a mental eunuch, much like roger before him..

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
To be fair, the two Roland Garros finals were against the best clay courter ever, and the Wimbledon final was against a fantastic grass courter with the hope of a nation behind him. The only finals that he really shouldn't have lost were USO '12 and '13.
This.

He choked big time in USO 12 and 13.

It's ok to lose to the best claycourter of all time at RG.
Or even to Murray at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
He had no business winning USO 2013. Got crushed 6-2 and 6-1 in two of the four sets. Sure set 3 was close, but Nadal was great, just have to accept that he was better that day.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Actually only USO 13 was choke when he was up break in 3rd and should have won 3rd set he was playin ggreat.

I meanlook - RG 14 - both played crap Rafa was more solid in hot conditions, AO 14 - lost to in-form Wawrinka in 5 sets - and was lucky in 2x5 sets vs the same guy in 2013 at slams.

now Wimbledon 2013 - Murray is superior grass player he was favorit, RG 2013- choked after that net cord but still it´s RG vs Rafa you are not favorit, USO 2012 - he always was amateur in windy conditions

I really think only USO 2013 he should have won and even that match was vs in form NAdal who won both Canada and Cinci and was super confident

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Actually only USO 13 was choke when he was up break in 3rd and should have won 3rd set he was playin ggreat.

I meanlook - RG 14 - both played crap Rafa was more solid in hot conditions, AO 14 - lost to in-form Wawrinka in 5 sets - and was lucky in 2x5 sets vs the same guy in 2013 at slams.

now Wimbledon 2013 - Murray is superior grass player he was favorit, RG 2013- choked after that net cord but still it´s RG vs Rafa you are not favorit, USO 2012 - he always was amateur in windy conditions

I really think only USO 2013 he should have won and even that match was vs in form NAdal who won both Canada and Cinci and was super confident
I concur.
Playing on clay and hard against Rafa can be very different. Djokovic had no chance in 13 RG at all(total pts difference was 29). But on hard he is more advantageous on baseline. If he took the 3rd set in USO he has a pretty good chance of winning the match in the end (80%)

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
He had no business winning USO 2013. Got crushed 6-2 and 6-1 in two of the four sets. Sure set 3 was close, but Nadal was great, just have to accept that he was better that day.
He could've won the 3rd set easily and you know it. Losing the 3rd set was the crucial blow for him. Djokovic was up 2-0 and break point to go up 2 breaks in that set and also missed 3bp at 4-4. From there on, Nadal cruised through

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I concur.
Playing on clay and hard against Rafa can be very different. Djokovic had no chance in 13 RG at all(total pts difference was 29). But on hard he is more advantageous on baseline. If he took the 3rd set in USO he has a pretty good chance of winning the match in the end (80%)
That´s what i wrote that only USO 2013 is slam he could have, maybe should have won, but fact is it was against best player at that time - i mean Rafa won Canada-Cinci double was confident, in form and has beaten Novak in Canada, so Nole probably wasn´t so confident himself loosing on similar HC few weeks ago to Rafa, other slams he wasn´t favorit - except that Murray USO 12 match but we all know how he sucks in windy conditions, even Ferrer was going to beat him in SF but organizers stopped the match:D

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
That´s what i wrote that only USO 2013 is slam he could have, maybe should have won, but fact is it was against best player at that time - i mean Rafa won Canada-Cinci double was confident, in form and has beaten Novak in Canada, so Nole probably wasn´t so confident himself loosing on similar HC few weeks ago to Rafa, other slams he wasn´t favorit - except that Murray USO 12 match but we all know how he sucks in windy conditions, even Ferrer was going to beat him in SF but organizers stopped the match:D
I think Djokovic should focus on hard court slam. At least he has 50% chance beating in form Wawrinka and Nadal there (both of them are even less consistent than him) if he wants to avoid the embarrassment of being slamless. But he'll probably waste too much energy on RG and WC where he has little chance of winning

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I think Djokovic should focus on hard court slam. At least he has 50% chance beating in form Wawrinka and Nadal there (both of them are even less consistent than him) if he wants to avoid the embarrassment of being slamless. But he'll probably waste too much energy on RG and WC where he has little chance of winning
Well he could have won RG why not, the same goes with Wimbledon, actually if you look at it from bigger picture he will be probably No.1 favorit for USO, but his chances at RG are bigger, because there is only Nadal, while at USO - it´s more open slam, Wimbledon is his worst obviously, but still he can go far and in that 2nd week grass vs the same guys we will see how it goes

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Well he could have won RG why not, the same goes with Wimbledon, actually if you look at it from bigger picture he will be probably No.1 favorit for USO, but his chances at RG are bigger, because there is only Nadal, while at USO - it´s more open slam, Wimbledon is his worst obviously, but still he can go far and in that 2nd week grass vs the same guys we will see how it goes
Rafa has 90% chance of beating him in RG. Federer and Murray has 80% chance beating him in Wimbledon.

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
Maybe the pressure finally got to him. Back in the day, he wasn't the one with the spotlight on him. Now, it's blinding him and he can't deal with it, which is sad. Federer and--to a much lesser extent--Nadal dealt with the pressure perfectly. Once they lost, they got right back up and got back to their winning ways.

Federer could have easily cracked under the pressure once he started building upon his legacy with everyone having their say about him. People talking about how he should play and "OMG he lost a set!" and whatnot. He was definitely under a microscope. But he just kept on winning. A loss here or there didn't deter him; maybe it motivated him to go further.

Djokovic lost that spark. He's certainly talented enough to be at 10 slams right now, but like my Nike shirt says: "Talent Ain't Enough." To be a winner, he has to FEEL like a winner, and I think that he just doesn't feel like he belongs anymore. He certainly doesn't play like it (when it matters). The "authority" in his game is MIA.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts