Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a lack of blonde haired players in comparison to decades ago.

For example in the mid 90's you had courier, becker, muster, enqvist and kafelnikov, all in the top 10 at the same time. What happed to the blondies now? :p I dont see a single blonde haired player in the top for quite a long time.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
There seems to be a lack of blonde haired players in comparison to decades ago.

For example in the mid 90's you had courier, becker, muster, enqvist and kafelnikov, all in the top 10 at the same time. What happed to the blondies now? :p I dont see a single blonde haired player in the top for quite a long time.
We're not counting Berdych as blond?

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
We're not counting Berdych as blond?

I consider Berdych to be fair haired but not blond. More like light brown.

He has a borderline hair color specially when Its long but he is definitely not blond when he has shorter hair. Jarko nieminen is blond.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Cause ATP is racist

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Hitler failed when it comes to tennis

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Berdych is blond, or about as blond as you get for adults who aren't Scandinavian.

Becker is "strawberry blond" at best aka ginger.
becker would be ginger only in the UK,where they are obsessed with that label.. he is blond anywhere else.

So only scandinavians are blond? lol

as long as I know Peter Krda, Jim courier, boris becker, tomas muster, kafelnikov,etc all were non-scandinavians top 10 who were more blonde than berdych.

Found his profile on internet..

he says:

First Name
Tomas

Last Name
Berdych

Date of Birth
17 September 1985

Birthplace
Valašské Meziříčí, Czechoslovakia

Build
Athletic

Height
6' 5" (196 cm)

Eye Color
Blue

Hair Color
Brown - Light

Star Sign
Virgo

Ethnicity
White

Nationality
Czech

Occupation
Tennis Player

Claim to Fame
Reaching the final of the 2010 Wimbledon Championships

He claims to have lightbrown hair, not blond.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Fernando Verdasco was in the top 10 in 2011. And he's blond.

Don't believe me?

:p

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
So only scandinavians are blond? lol
That's not actually what I said, but you seem to be thinking of that white blond that stays light into adult-hood and is associated with Scandanavia. I don't see how describing ginger hair as ginger makes us obsessed. It's just what we call that colour. Most of us would call Berdych blond.:confused:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
That's not actually what I said, but you seem to be thinking of that white blond that stays light into adult-hood and is associated with Scandanavia. I don't see how describing ginger hair as ginger makes us obsessed. It's just what we call that colour. Most of us would call Berdych blond.:confused:
But berdych stats says his hair is lightbrown, not blond. I dont think his hair is that light to be arguably blonde. Its just fair but not blond. And Im not talking only of white blonde here.

Anyways I meant at some point in the 90's about half of the top 10 were blonde players, nowadays its far from being the case.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@MuzzahLovah , thats lightbrown .

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
He seemed to be more blonde when he was in his teens and early twenties, but tended increasingly light brown since his mid twenties. Personally, I'd call him light brown with natural dark blonde highlights (most visible when he's outdoors). He still has a bit of blonde in his hair, so I guess he could still qualify as a blonde for some people.
(Apologies for the size of some of these pictures). These are in chronological order I think:
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/26700000/young-Tomas-Berdych-had-blond-hair-tomas-berdych-26734916-1335-804.jpg

2002:

Bercy 2005:

2009 (I think):

During first half 2010 (I think):

Wimbledon 2010:

Miami 2011:

Tour Finals 2011:

2013:

Both of these at AO2014:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts