Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are some times downright rude and arrogant when asking for a ball and/or towel, and often just snatch the ball and/or towel. Would a simple "please" or "thanks" be too hard? The ball kids don't even get payed. Perhaps the players would rather run after the balls themselves??

·
Registered
449 Posts
i never understood why ballkids have to be towel boys picking up sweaty germ infested towels and bringing water bottles.

The ballboys should only focus on ball retrieving and the players should wait for changeovers to towel off.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
They are some times downright rude and arrogant when asking for a ball and/or towel, and often just snatch the ball and/or towel. Would a simple "please" or "thanks" be too hard? The ball kids don't even get payed. Perhaps the players would rather run after the balls themselves??
They themselves were abused as ball kids, so they are perpetuating the cycle of rudeness.

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts
I hear a good portion of tennis pros say "thanks" here and there. Saying it over and over would be extremely boring, repetitive and unnecessary IMO.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
I don't think ball kids should handle the towels at all. Just put it on a rack, players can go get it and put it back.

Handing out balls, getting water bottles is OK.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
Some players do say thanks sometimes.

But it would be a bit wierd if they said thanks all the time.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
They don't need to say thanks all the time. Just don't throw the towels to the kids or yelled at the kids, as if the kids are their servants/maids etc. I think some players are not even aware how they behave on court.

·
Premium Member
20,682 Posts
French Open ballkids cheer for Fed :cool:

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
They are just so focused, and ball-kids love to be there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts