Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roddick is only a serve and for him to beat the #1 player in the world really speaks of the low quality of tennis. It's not more crowded at the top, everybody just sucks more. I preferred the days of Federer's dominance because at least we could appreciate a genius at work. Last year was the last good year of tennis. Hopefully Djokovic, Rafa and later Murray can carry on where Federer left off. Poor Roger. Not only is Roddick a horrible player but he is also an asshole and I don't even want to imagine what new heights the Roddick ego will reach now that he has beaten Federer. At least Federer was classy on court. /vent

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Chill out. It's nice to see some other players win, his dominance was amazing but also boring.

Reactions: Langers

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chill out. It's nice to see some other players win, his dominance was amazing but also boring.
It's nice to see players who DESERVE to win, win, not Roddick winning because he was serving amazing and Federer is not close to his best.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Because sport = competition, not domination.

Also: "It's ok, I doubt Roddick's mind would have handled another loss. Poor guy." - SO TRUE :D

It's nice to see players who DESERVE to win, win, not Roddick winning because he was serving amazing and Federer is not close to his best.
Excuses, excuses, excuses. Roddick took his chances, he deserved to win. If Federer isn't fit enough to win, he shouldn't be on the court.

·
Registered
113 Posts
roddick's fans maybe? o_O

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Because sport = competition, not domination.

Also: "It's ok, I doubt Roddick's mind would have handled another loss. Poor guy." - SO TRUE :D
Competition yeah. I would like to see some tennis though. Not SERVE, SERVE, SERVE and Federer's below-par returns.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Its nice to see Andy win he has taken some very very hard loses to Federer. You can say was Federer at his best No but Andy Roddick can only play what is put in front of him.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The worst thing about this is that Roddick's ego will be through the roof and he will be more of an asshole than ever.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
some of us have been fans of tennis for longer than you and want to see a different number 1 after 4 and a bit years

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
some of us have been fans of tennis for longer than you and want to see a different number 1 after 4 and a bit years
Roddick still won't be able to beat Murray and Djokovic at the slams and Nadal playing well. It would be more itneresting if Federer were still dominant because we have all of this young guns coming up.

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts
If Federer was not playing at his best, he didn't deserve to win. I only saw the last 4-5 games, and Andy seemed to be outplaying him by far [I am not an idiot so will not judge the match on this]. I almost feel sorry for Roger. With the huge expectations everyone has of him; then I think of his money, and how he has annihilated everybody for the last few years...and all of a sudden I have no sympathy. I'm not a fan of either player, but thought it was awesome to see Roddick win.

My players are not fantastic at the moment, so I will live vicariously through Roddick/his fans if need be.

Reactions: star
1 - 20 of 85 Posts