Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When all is said and done I do like the classical styles of games like Sampras and Kuerten. Even though Safin is my favourite.

Also honourable mentions to Rafter, he had beautiful volleys.

·
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS
16,844 Posts
why, Federer, of course!

He's so smooth and moves so gracefully on the court.
He's got all the shots in the book and he does it quite well.

:D

·
Registered
459 Posts
Lleyton all the way.................hardcore speedy baseliner with the best footwork and movement in the game!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have about a dozen faves, and on top of that I also like several other players. They play a variety of different styles, so there's not one style that I prefer. I know what I don't like though. Skill is very important, therefore the guy can't rely on one shot or pure power. It's no wonder that I hate Roddick so much. I don't like grinders either (read Hewitt).

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Federer :) for his all-court game and the beautiful shots , I like Kafelnikov as well :) I loved how Rafter played, I also enjoy watching Santoro. So there is no special style that I like, it depends on the player

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Well, it would be no great surprise if I mentioned all the players in my signature... but then, their games are a large part of the reason why I like them. Especially the Sjengster, who works so hard from the back of the court with so few big weapons and yet makes you fight for every ball, particularly on his backhand.

I also admire Srichaphan's sharp, powerful game, and the way he managed to outhit Agassi from the baseline with his short, precise groundstrokes. Santoro must obviously get an honorary mention for the unique style that he displays, but I also like Rios' natural ability to move the ball around and use the angles - when you see him work his opponent out wide with the forehand, you know that the clean winner down the line into the open court is coming.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Marat's wham bam thankyou ma'am game as well as the serve and volley skills of Sampras, Rafter. James' athleticism and Dre's baselinepreccision.

Boo to lumberjacks like Poo, and backboards like Hewitt

·
Chiudi-fan
75,900 Posts
I like the game of Federer :D
But I also like the game of Hewitt when he plays vs. a player like Sampras.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Serve/Volley, duh.

But i also love players who simply BOOM from the back of the court & then either make a winner to an open court or rush the net to finish it off like Gonzo, Gambill, Marat, Kuerten, Mark P & Ferrero when he's on. '

I don't really the avarage clay courters, but Costa's backhand is just wow. Corretja is not an avarage clay courter, if some smart-ass is going to ask :p

I also find huge serves great,

·
Registered
664 Posts
Well, I don't like Serve & Volley, I prefer Lleyton Hewitt & JC Ferrero. Lleyton's counter attack is great. :)
Carlos Moya's game is impressing but he has some weak points, IMO.

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
I like Marat's game a lot. It's really nice too watch, but Henman and Krajicek are also nice to watch. Especially on grass.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
:) Patrick Rafter had a beautiful game, esp on grass!

Now I like Federer's tennis style, in which he offers variety, mixing it up, adding S&V or baseline rallies and just about every gorgeous shot you can think of [some that are reminiscent of Rafter].

Safin is also fun to watch... when he's focussing on his tennis, that is... :p

I also enjoy Corretja -- has a lovely BH, as do Rafter and Fed.;)

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
For pure style, I'd have to say Federer. He looks like he was born to be on a tennis court.

When Marat's on, he's also enjoyable to watch, especially when he's in control of the match :D I quite enjoy his making his opponent run end to end :D

My favorite player is Ferrero, so of course I enjoy his game, too, especially his backhand crosscourt :drool:

;)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yeah, I intend to like two-hand-backhand players, but I also think Roger's style is excellent. He has great sense and rhythm. He's tall and agile. When he's showing his game it's really enjoyable. :) Sometimes make me think "that's it, tennis's just like that".

But I still prefer baseline players like Juan Carlos...I love those passing shots :hearts: :drool:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Going by my avatar, it's Marat (ok, if his mind is in the match not elsewhere). From BH to FH to his fluid and blistering serve to his smooth groundstrokes, he can easily tap into his vast reservoir of weapons. Great althleticism as well and his overall game is a joy to watch. Another player I consider very very watchable is Roger. He's got those how-the-heck-did-he-manufacture-that-shot shots. Both of them make it all look too easy.

And another one, Fabrice Santoro (although I'm not a big fan), the master of touch - incredible angles and placement!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts