Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know if this was done before but I am doing it purely for the money, specially now that I fell below repping level. :lol:

So, who do you think is over-ranked/under-ranked?

I think James Blake should be at least a top 20 player, Ginepri top 20, Ferrero and Haas top 15/10.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Re: Who's rank does not reflect his talent?

Ferrero for sure, Verdasco, Robredo, Garcia Lopez and Lopez all deserve better rankings in my opinion.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts

Juanqui Lover said:
Ferrero for sure, Verdasco, Robredo, Garcia Lopez and Lopez all deserve better rankings in my opinion.
They are good players, but Verdasco for 1 needs to find a better brain. His ranking will not get any better until he wins back to back matches.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Blake should be, and will get higher then he is. From what I saw of him yesterday, he is at least a top 30 player.

Henman is not as good as his ranking suggests. He will be a lot lower after losing out yesterday, though.

Ginepri is very good, he managed to take a set off of Federer in the Cincy Masters the other week. He should be higher up the list.

Andy Murray, of course, should be well within the top 100 in the world.

Stepanek is not as good as his ranking suggests.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts

oneandonlyhsn said:
They are good players, but Verdasco for 1 needs to find a better brain. His ranking will not get any better until he wins back to back matches.
I've only seen Verdasco play a few times and he's played great. And when I saw him life he was one of my two nicest players to talk to which i know shouldn't matter but it makes me think more highly of him lol

·
Registered
985 Posts

ginepri for sure- verdasco surely, needs to win more matches, and blake of course.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

Juanqui Lover said:
Any other spanish players?

·
Banned
19,258 Posts

Andy Murray should be in Top50

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

Djokovic, Monfils, Murray should be higher. Well, it's the case for all the young players starting to play on professional tour and whose ranking has not been clearly stabilised yet.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts

vincayou said:
Any other spanish players?
ah yeah, Moya, Ventura, Ferrer.....need I go on. They rock, whatever their ranking is, they deserve to be 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 (you get my point) and the rest can just follow along. I won't be so mean as to take Federer's spot away from him though lol, he deserves it.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

Juanqui Lover said:
ah yeah, Moya, Ventura, Ferrer.....need I go on. They rock, whatever their ranking is, they deserve to be 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 (you get my point) and the rest can just follow along. I won't be so mean as to take Federer's spot away from him though lol, he deserves it.
I'll give you that Ferrero and Verdasco should be higher. On the latter, I'm not so sure, mental part is so important and he doesn't seem to have it. I'm not sure that people can change.

·
Registered
268 Posts

Juanqui Lover said:
Moyá is doing worse, and worse. I think he reached his highest ranking when he was n.1 for some weeks, and it's okay he has been among the best players for so many years. don't think he's on top 5 anymore in his career.

·
Registered
185 Posts

volandri has extraordinary talent, unfourtunantly his serve really lets him down on the fast surfaces, if the only surface was clay he would be right up there imo

·
Premium Member
4,086 Posts

Verdasco - he needs to realise his talent and aim for consistency. Same for Mayer.

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts

Vinciguerra :ras: But...just you wait ;)

·
Registered
698 Posts

Juanqui Lover said:
Obviously biased opinion, but Lopez and Robredo if anything are punching above there weight.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts

Ivo Karlovic, Novak Djokovic and Wayne Arthurs should be higher than the mid to late 90s in the world.
Tomas Berdych should be and probably soon will be top 20 instead of mid 30s.
Even before reinforcing the point against Roddick, Gilles Muller should be easily top50 if not 30 rather than 68.
Mardy Fish should be top 100 rather than 139 :sad:
As for players ranked too high players like Dent at 27 and Melzer at 41 spring to mind.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts

too low: F. Lopez, Gonzalez, Ancic, Haas, Kiefer, Acasuso, Mathieu, Blake, Malisse, Wawrinka, Pless

too high: Ferrer, Stepanek, Carlsen, Sanguinetti,

·
Registered
698 Posts

stuey87 said:
Ivo Karlovic, Novak Djokovic and Wayne Arthurs should be higher than the mid to late 90s in the world.
Tomas Berdych should be and probably soon will be top 20 instead of mid 30s.
Even before reinforcing the point against Roddick, Gilles Muller should be easily top50 if not 30 rather than 68.
Mardy Fish should be top 100 rather than 139 :sad:
As for players ranked too high players like Dent at 27 and Melzer at 41 spring to mind.

I disagree totally with Karlovic, if he did not have that serve my mother could beat him anyway if he gets higher he will be in the TMS and i don't want to watch tennis and fall asleep, i would rather watch paint dry.

Melzer has mental problems, he is one talented guy he has a great game if anything he is lower than he should be he just goes crazy when things are not going his way.

·
Registered
9,234 Posts

madmanfool said:
too low: F. Lopez, Gonzalez, Ancic, Haas, Kiefer, Acasuso, Mathieu, Blake, Malisse, Wawrinka, Pless

too high: Ferrer, Stepanek, Carlsen, Sanguinetti,
Off topic: :inlove: and :sad: Rafter

1 - 20 of 155 Posts