Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope not to see some non-sense posting in here :wavey:

But everyone's opinion it's respected but it must be according to the common sense.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts

But everyone's opinion it's respected but it must be according to the common sense.
Djokovic. Its best if you made a poll, methinks

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hi!

A non-sense thread always produces non-sense posts, so get ready.

Answer: Neither is really "arrogant".. That said, even thinking Federer as an arrogant man... I don't know.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I think Roddick (maybe not now so much but def. in the past) is MUCH more arrogant considering his achievments than Djokovic. And I'm not anti-Roddick or anything.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Noly has become arrogant but there is a thin line with regards to arrogance and confidence. Federer can be arrogant but he has a right to be look what he has achieved. Having said that neither one of them has dissed another player, said in a presser oh well yes I should have won that match (which I call real arrogance). I don't find Noly arrogant I just find his team arrogant (still as they say you can choose your friends not your relatives). Tell me what is arrogant about Roddick? Sometimes arrogance is confused with confidence.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Federer is the most arrogant, but his record supports that attitude. To be a good tennis player you have to have a healthy dose of arrogance/confidence.

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
Oh for heaven's sake - there'd be more sense in a thread to name a top sportsman who isn't arrogant...

What you're asking is who manages to hide it better.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
I know it's inevitable and will always be like that, but I have always found it funny how tennis fans are often not content with their favs' superb ability to hit a yellow tennis ball and are intent to project whatever is good in the world in their eyes on their favorite players' characters.

Tennis players are professionals in what could very well be the most mentally demanding game on earth. as such, they're bound to be competitive, egotistical, arrogant and single-minded, not all to the same extent, but the average player would not have a deep philosophical discussion with you over dinner.

Arrogance (or excessive confidence) is part of what makes both Federer and Djoke great. The tards who say they're not arrogant at all live in denial, while the crybabies complaining about how arrogant they are should not follow tennis, or any professional sport for that matter.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Roddick isn't arrogant, just a fuckin prick, plain & simple.

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
I know it's inevitable and will always be like that, but I have always found it funny how tennis fans are often not content with their favs' superb ability to hit a yellow tennis ball and are intent to project whatever is good in the world in their eyes on their favorite players' characters.

Tennis players are professionals in what could very well be the most mentally demanding game on earth. as such, they're bound to be competitive, egotistical, arrogant and single-minded, not all to the same extent, but the average player would not have a deep philosophical discussion with you over dinner.

Arrogance (or excessive confidence) is part of what makes both Federer and Djoke great. The tards who say they're not arrogant at all live in denial, while the crybabies complaining about how arrogant they are should not follow tennis, or any professional sport for that matter.
Thank you voice of sanity - case closed.

·
Registered
517 Posts

Well said. But being arrogant is not the same as being confident, in my opinion. Confidence means self-trust, arrogance means consistently making overbearing statements/claims of that self-trust.

Anyway, a useless discussion really.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
^^ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Even though I'm no fan of Djoko at all, I think it's rather uncalled for to post things like you just did here.

EDIT: part of post that prompted me to post this has been deleted.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts