any other ideas?:confused::confused:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fish is 23-44

cilic is 11-28

so cilic, i guess.
yes but you also need to take into account the general suckiness of the player: cilic is undoubtedly much more of a mug than fish in general, his level of play doesn't drop THAT much in the TB.
Fish however...:worship::worship:

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
I don't think I can remember a more horrible TB than what Fish showed tonight. He couldn't even keep the ball in play. I mean Nadal was just rolling 80 mph 2nd serve towards Fish' FH and Mardy was missing FH after FH.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
In a Andreev vs Seppi thread I think I mentioned that Seppi was a worse TB player than Andreev, but I didn't have the stats to prove it. Do you happen to know the stats for deciding set tiebreaks? I imagine Seppi would be near the top of that one as well, considering how much trouble he has closing matches.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
In a Andreev vs Seppi thread I think I mentioned that Seppi was a worse TB player than Andreev, but I didn't have the stats to prove it. Do you happen to know the stats for deciding set tiebreaks? I imagine Seppi would be near the top of that one as well, considering how much trouble he has closing matches.
I work on this stats and will post it soon. Andreev has one of the worst ratios in the deciding 3rd set tie-break, I haven't counted Seppi yet, but the Italian despite his poor tie-break record, has one of the best ratios of m.p. matches among active players.

Without looking into it I'd guess most of them were against other yank mugs in places like Newport, LA, Memphis and San Jose.
Not exactly, Fish has won deciding tie-breaks against excellent players in this department like Nalbandian and Murray (twice).

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
^ Seppi is paradoxical, an awful tie-break player but very good when it comes to the deciding tie-break set. He has a 11-5 record (.687) - the same numbers for Murray, only Nalbandian is better with 15-6 (.714) among active players, who played at least 10 tie-breaks of this kind.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Sela is pretty good in his career as well, winning over players like Roddick and Gonzo (he is 31-30) but fish is better from the two of the poll

·
Registered
10,232 Posts
^ Seppi is paradoxical, an awful tie-break player but very good when it comes to the deciding tie-break set. He has a 11-5 record (.687) - the same numbers for Murray, only Nalbandian is better with 15-6 (.714) among active players, who played at least 10 tie-breaks of this kind.
Andreas :worship:

He had just an embarrassing TB record in 2008 and 2009. It was something like 7-15, he probably couldn't win a tiebreak if he played it against his grandfather. Having such a bad TB record can't be good for confidence, he was nervous already at 5-5, sensing there is a tiebreak coming soon. He lost plenty of matches just because of these losing tiebreaks.

He really got better last year and this year too. My positive energy and therapies he has been receiving in Umag must have helped him a lot. :angel:
:)

Reactions: Voo de Mar
1 - 20 of 23 Posts