Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm nominating Marcos Baghdatis. An Aussie Open final and Wimbledon semi in 2006 and then what? He clearly had the talent to achieve way more than he has.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Murray

Oops i thought you said overachiever

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Baggy

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Monfils? I always thought he had the game to be a grand slam winner maybe just not the temperament :(

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Nalbandian really should have been a multiple slam winner. Then you have players like Safin, Hewitt, Del Potro who would have achieved greater things were it not for their unfortunate injury problems.

·
12,691 Posts
Safin isn't the "biggest" underachiever. He won 2 slams and reached n.1 ffs. He underachieved but nohwere near the biggest underachievers.

·
Registered
736 Posts
My rankings are simply based on proportionality. What the player should have achieved compared to what they actually did.

1. Baghdatis
2. Gulbis
3. Nalbandian
4. Safin
5. Monfils
6. Blake

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nalbandian and it's not even close. Guy will be remembered, as a "guy who hit Linesman and guy with bad attitude", not tennis player with beautiful game and passion for tennis.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
IMO it is between Nalbandian and Haas.
Nah, Dave wins it by a country mile. Tommy's career was really hacked by injuries more than anyhting else. Nalbandian has underachieved all on his own. Should have won at least 2-3 slams given the talent.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts