• Djokovic, But Not GOAT

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic wins All masters (Cinc ) All grandslams (Rg) Davis cup won.. and Olympic Gold 2016

Rafael wins 3 more RG to tie Federer at 17

Or Federer with same amount.

So we got Fed with a nice 4+ Grandslam in 3 dif. slams. and 6 amazing WTF wins.

Nadal with 0 WTF and not a single GS with more than 2 Trohpies.. except RG.. but amazing 17 GS

Djokovic whos won it all.. every single high level tournament.. first person by a mile to do anything close.. but has only a mere of 8-10GS titles..

hypothetically both scenarios happen for both Nadal and Djokovic.. just to measure what you guys think.

·
6,247 Posts
Novak Djokovic.
In the same way that Andre Agassi is revered for his lone RG and an Olympic Gold over Sampras.(even if in reality Andre never really challenged Sampras dominance until very late in his career, and Olympic Gold only became vogue in the last few years).
As inferred above, it looks better on paper than what it is.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
He did say >2, not greater than or equal to.
But if Nadal gets a 2nd AO, and a 2nd or double Career Grand Slam - then that is something that would unlikely ever be equalled.
My mistake...

I think Novak can do a double career Slam he is the second best on clay and he can play more years than Rafa.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Correct me if im wrong but Rafa has more Usopens then Nole and the same Wimby´s as Nole.

We can discuss all day, but its only worth talking when they retire. Right now its speculation.

·
Registered
21,278 Posts
Lol. If what the OP is saying will happen, i can assure you he will be
You are kidding, right? How can someone with 8-10 slams be in the GOAT discussion when there are players like Federer/Nadal/Sampras who won much more than that? Look, winning all the masters is certainly a very impressive achievement that's extremely rare to see but after all it's just masters, it doesn't put in the GOAT discussion. Slams are much more important and that's the main thing people will look at. Not the fact that he won all Masters.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
If that happened the decision will fall on H2H ... he cant trail Rafa and Fed in H2H and be GOAT.

GOAT has to have positive H2H against top players (smaller players / less matches do not count)

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Fail thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts